Leupold Mark 3HD

SteepandDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I’m close to ordering the 6-18x50 P5 side focus with the TMR reticle and I’m looking for some first hand experience.
It with probably go on my 6.5 ruger predator or perhaps the Tikka 300wm and will be used for longer range shooting and hunting. Opinions on the Mark 3 scopes are appreciated.

ChrisAU

WKR
I handled a couple and they were very underwhelming. They are just VX-Freedoms without gold rings. Extremely limited elevation travel, mushy poor clicks. There are much better options in the price range IMO. I have a VX-Freedom 3-9 with a MIL turret that is way better the the two Mark 3HDs I handled. The Mark 5HD should be ashamed to share the name, and I'm not a Leupold hater, my favorite overall scope is the Mark 5HD and I've had a few and still have one.

Edit to add, in that price range I'd go with an SWFA option, or, I really like the new Athlon Helos BTR Gen 2 scopes, their durability hasn't been proven yet but I love all 3 I have so far and they definitely feel like a higher quality than the Mark 3HD.