Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18x44

prm

WKR
Interested in this scope. Primary purpose would be hunting. Any experiences out there?

I don't own one, but there are plenty of reviews out there. Search the site and you will find plenty of information (good and bad).

ChrisAU

WKR
Had a 3.6-18 Illum TMR on a 6.5 PRC I hunted with this past year. Took a doe at 350 yards with it in very low light without using the illumination. Loved that scope. Sold it to help finance a new build that I now have a 5-25x56 Illum TMR for.

npm352

WKR
I have two. One is on a Bergara 6.5 cm which is non illuminated and one is on a 7mm Fierce which is illuminated.

I love them. I got tired of having crappy scopes and not being able to trust the tracking.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Mine has been to AK for 10 day hunt, CO for 5, and several AZ trips strapped to my pack and is fantastic. I don't toss it around carelessly, but I don't baby it either.

The reticle is fine/small at low power, cause it is a first focal plane scope.

The glass on mine is a smidge less clear than my 5-25 MK5.

I love the turret and features of the MK5. Its the only Leopold scope I will buy. If I didn't settle on these, I would buy a new NX8 or exposed SHV. Although, I am trying out the Vortex LHT, see how I like it.

OP
prm

prm

WKR
All good info, thanks. If it were 20oz it would be a no brainer. I too noticed the price jump for illumination. As long as the reticle isn't too thin I'd probably just go non-illuminated. I'd want a PR-1Mil or TMR reticle.

Brianb3

WKR
Love mine. Wish there was direct mount rings but either way I’m ordering a 2nd for my 6.5 I like it that much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Love mine. Wish there was direct mount rings but either way I’m ordering a 2nd for my 6.5 I like it that much

Hawkins can be had with 35mm. I have some.

ChrisAU

WKR

Hawkins can be had with 35mm. I have some.