leupold range finder - not waterproof?

sk1

WKR
so i am looking at the leupold RX-1000i TBR with DNA, and i can get a pretty darn good deal on one......but they are only water resistant. ive heard nothing but praise for these range finders, would you be concerned about not being 100% waterproof? just seems like they are kinda spendy to only be water resistant.

would this deter you from buying one for $295? im sure it would be fine but i think its one of those peace of mind type of things..

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think they do well in rain, but I wouldn't throw them into your pool. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Beastmode

WKR
If there is a warranty on them and they say water resistant water damage won't be covered under the warranty, for most rangefinders. Might be something to look in to.

RUTTIN

WKR
For what it is worth I have a Leupold RXII (older version) and strap it to the outside of my arm. I have been in some pretty bad rain and snow storms, and it has never let me down, has always read the correct distance and never fogged up. I was pretty impressed with the amount of water it took on that it still worked.