Leupold RX-1200i not working well

seanu21

FNG
Having issues with it. About 4 years old now. Started slowly not reading targets and now if its not a massive target at 30 yds, I can't get a reading. Leupold warranty says 2 years so think I'm hosed there. Anyone ever used them to fix broken rangefinders? Or am I better off just getting a new RF? I've never sent a device in to a company to fix so new to the process and how challenging it could become if they are a pain to work with, cost to benefit isn't there etc.

Just had issues with my 7 yr old leupold rf which is well beyond warranty. Called them they said it can’t be fixed but they offer very significant discounts on a new comparable model....I’d call customer service. good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

seanu21

FNG
Thanks for the info switchbckxt. Calling them tomorrow to see what they can do for me.

JNDEER

WKR
My 1200 is two years old, used heavily, but the red readings are fading almost to the point you cannot see it. Little disappointed- but knew it going in (2 year warranty).Why in earth I didn’t stick with a company that warranties their products is beyond me- lesson learned!

Fatcamp

WKR
Ya, they offered me half off a replacement for an out of warranty unit. Really like it.

OP
S

seanu21

FNG
@JNDEER what units were you looking at w lifetime warranty? I'm not so much interested in long range but this was on sale at the time so I got the 1200. I'd prob be ok with 600 and less since I do a lot of archery and night hunting for pigs so not really needing long range stuff. Yet.

OP
S

seanu21

FNG
Ya, they offered me half off a replacement for an out of warranty unit. Really like it.
Fatcamp, that's a better deal than I was thinking they would offer. I was thinking 10% off or so. Def calling them tomorrow to see what they offer. More to follow.

Kiddross

Lil-Rokslider
I had a 1200 that was a good 6 years old and the display finally faded away. I contacted leupold and they gave me the option of 4-5 different rangefinders at a highly discounted rate. I was able to pick up a new one for a couple hundred less than the best sale I could find online. It may not be a lifetime warranty but they were great to work with and I was very happy with what they were willing to offer.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

JNDEER

WKR
@JNDEER what units were you looking at w lifetime warranty? I'm not so much interested in long range but this was on sale at the time so I got the 1200. I'd prob be ok with 600 and less since I do a lot of archery and night hunting for pigs so not really needing long range stuff. Yet.

I had a vortex when they first came out. I would get a 3 yard difference ranging black vs brown objects and being an archer I moved away from vortex. Brother returned it and got a new ranger and my uncle has the new 1800 of which I test compare both to the leupy and they are spot on- despite the +|- 3 yard readings. Not sure if there are other lifetime warranty companies out there.

OP
S

seanu21

FNG
Just got off the line with Leupold. My RX-1200i is def out of warranty. Next closest match was the RX-1600i (which is what took the place of the 1200) and they offered it from $400 down to $230.

I also asked about the RX-1400i which is the new version of the 850 and it was from $200 down to $100. Sounds like you basically can pick any you want from the site and they will give you a discount, just varies some but pretty much around 50% off.

I went w the 1600 because it has better computer\laser\glass\display than the 1400 and it was marked down so much. Wait time for all rangefinders sold through the discount right now are a 5 month wait so it should be here right around Sept, I'm hoping before I leave for archery elk in CO. So if you have a busted one, now's the time to replace if you want in time for hunting season. Hope this info helps someone else out also.