Leupold RX 1400 woes

406unltd

WKR
My newest rangefinder came in the mail today. It’s the new leupold rx 1400. Man this thing is killing me. I put the brand new battery in it and ran it against my oldest rangefinder I have. It’s a 7+ yr old Nikon prostaff 5. Having some snow here today so I did some testing against each other at the house. I was able to range some houses across the way that are about 280yds. Only the old Nikon could pick it up. The leupold didn’t even get close and was giving me 7,8,10 yd ranges. So I ranged a closer object. I took aim at the sidewalk that is approximately 70yds away hoping that this would yield better results from the leupold. Once again the old Nikon worked flawlessly and the leupold couldn’t even give me a remotely close reading. Again shooting me a 7,11,10yd reading. Very very disappointed right now since this is the worst performing rangefinder I own and it’s brand new. Returns aren’t being accepted by leupold yet but should soon and they will find this thing back in their hands. Beware to anyone that is considering the rx 1400. Below is a video I just made really quick to show what I’m talking about.

TravisIN

WKR
Dang I’m about to pull the trigger on a leupold full draw 4. I know it’s not the same model but just the fact that a new leupold has so many issues is concerning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
Dang I’m about to pull the trigger on a leupold full draw 4. I know it’s not the same model but just the fact that a new leupold has so many issues is concerning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right? You’re right that the full draw isn’t the same model but it using the same base ranging system or programming that the 2800 and 1600 use in the tbr. Pretty sure that full draw uses the base tbr as well then has added archery specific features. You can compare all of them side by side on their website and see what they have in common. Thats how I ended up getting the 1400 cause I couldn’t see paying that extra for a little performance gain with the rifle ballistic compensation the 1600, 2800 have. But that alone isn’t going to keep it from ranging in inclement weather. I think they aren’t truthful with their ranging claims and it shows in a head to head comparison against an old beat up Nikon.

I'm guessing you just got a "dud". Leupold will take care of you. The downside is that if something like this happens a couple seasons down the road, Leupold won't back it. Considering their optics reputation, it's surprising they don't back their RF's better.

AM.