Leupold RX-1400i Range Finder. Possible Recall????

Samkha

FNG
Newbie here, looking for information on the Leupold RX-1400i. Is this a brand new range finder form Leupold? I can't find it on their website, but I do see it listed on retailer sites. Does anyone have experience with this model? Price seems too good to be true.

Update: Online retailer says Leupold has put in place restrictions on the sale of this item. I wonder if they are being recalled. Anyone know anything about this?

Last edited:
OP
S

Samkha

FNG
I actually emailed one online retailer as I noticed most listings showed that the item was not in stock, or was expected to be in stock in a couple of weeks. Wasn't sure if that meant it was a new release. Anyway their response was that Leupold has put a restriction on anyone shipping these. I wonder if they are recalling them.

Squirrels

WKR
I actually emailed one online retailer as I noticed most listings showed that the item was not in stock, or was expected to be in stock in a couple of weeks. Wasn't sure if that meant it was a new release. Anyway their response was that Leupold has put a restriction on anyone shipping these. I wonder if they are recalling them.
Interesting

OP
S

Samkha

FNG
Interesting

UPDATE: I called Leupold directly today. I was told it was supply chain issues (due to Covid-19) that is preventing them from fulfilling orders and not that they have them on hold as I was made to believe. But that is also why they are not on the Leupold site, they don't want to advertise until they have inventory to ship.

At any rate, seems like a great, affordable rangefinder. I think I will be pre-ordering.