Leupold SX-4 PRO GUIDE HD 20-60X85MM

fishslap

WKR
I need a new spotter for the gun range. I shoot out to 300 yards at the current range but need to do some 400-500 practice in the field. My old cheap Nikon is not cutting it. I can get this spotter for $720 with my military discount (normally $1k). Opinions on this spotter for my use and the price? I don’t use them in the field for my regular hunts so it would mainly be for the range.

ChrisAU

WKR
I just got the 20-60x85 SX4 in straight version for range use. Captured 22LR bullets in flight at 300 yards this morning in slo motion video. I think it’d be fine for your use. I was disappointed in one thing when I got it though - it’s made in China. I thought they were Made in Japan but nope.

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
I just got the 20-60x85 SX4 in straight version for range use. Captured 22LR bullets in flight at 300 yards this morning in slo motion video. I think it’d be fine for your use. I was disappointed in one thing when I got it though - it’s made in China. I thought they were Made in Japan but nope.
Thanks for the info. I was debating on straight bs angled. I normally set it up on the bench on a shorter tripod so I think I’ll go with angled.