Leupold Tripod Head

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for advice and recommendations on a pan head for my Leupold tripod. I hate the ball head and want to get a pan head but not really sure where to start because there’s tons of options, mounts, etc. Bonus points if it’s one that is for sure compatible with the Leupold Alpine tripod.

Vaultman

WKR
I am not a fan of ball heads (other than for a camera).
Outdoorsmans...
I have the micro panhead, which is perfect for bino glassing and decent for a small spotter.
I added their fluid head, for the big spotter, and for Digi scoping. That is a spendy head, but it is very robust, lightweight for it's strength, and has interchangable jaws (to fit arca-swis or their proprietary mounts).

I'm not familiar with that particular tripod, but if it has a standard 3/8" accessory stud, a Sirui VA-5 would be a great choice.

Also, if not 3/8" stud, there are lots of adapters available.

I know you said you hate the ball head, but I'm throwing this out there anyway. RRS BPC-16 Micro ball head. It has a flat pan only feature, or adj horizontally and vertically with the ball. It accepts arca plates and weighs just 4.4oz. Capacity is 5lbs., and handles my buddy's Kowa 883 just fine. Again, adapters available to fit most situations

Hope this helps.

BTUMIS

FNG
Ive used the Manfrotto MVH500AH for a few years and really like it . It handles a Kowa 884 spotter easy as well as my binos .

OP
K

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
I am not a fan of ball heads (other than for a camera).
Outdoorsmans...
I have the micro panhead, which is perfect for bino glassing and decent for a small spotter.
I added their fluid head, for the big spotter, and for Digi scoping. That is a spendy head, but it is very robust, lightweight for it's strength, and has interchangable jaws (to fit arca-swis or their proprietary mounts).
The Outdoorsmans look great but they are very pricey

OP
K

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not familiar with that particular tripod, but if it has a standard 3/8" accessory stud, a Sirui VA-5 would be a great choice.

Also, if not 3/8" stud, there are lots of adapters available.

I know you said you hate the ball head, but I'm throwing this out there anyway. RRS BPC-16 Micro ball head. It has a flat pan only feature, or adj horizontally and vertically with the ball. It accepts arca plates and weighs just 4.4oz. Capacity is 5lbs., and handles my buddy's Kowa 883 just fine. Again, adapters available to fit most situations

Hope this helps.
I'm considering the Sirui, it looks like a great option and fits the bill of what I want.

OP
K

Keener22

Lil-Rokslider
Ive used the Manfrotto MVH500AH for a few years and really like it . It handles a Kowa 884 spotter easy as well as my binos .
I'm familiar with this head, we use them where I work. They're very sturdy, but do you find it to be heavier than necessary for what you use?