Leupold Ultimate Slam or Hunt Plex for Savage 220?

I’m looking to put a Leupold vx-freedom 3-9 on a 220 I’m getting and I’m torn between the Ultimate Slam and the Hunt-Plex. I’m just looking for feedback or experience with these two scopes. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
Really depends on what you're planning to shoot out of it and how much time and money you're willing to spend at the range trying to dial in the reticle. I ended up with the Ultimate slam on mine but honestly, most slugs aren't capable of reaching out and being accurate for the lower holdover points. So, you'd probably be just fine with the Hunt-Plex reticle.

Pdog06

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with Dave. I also have the ultimate slam on my 220 and, while it is a super nice and clear scope, the lower holdovers have basically been useless. I have played with the ranges a little, but in reality I don’t hunt from a fixed rest and me taking a 200+ yard freehand shot with this gun probably isn’t happening.
Just depends on your style of hunting. I’m sure if I hunted from a tower stand overlooking a 10acre food plot then I would want to know every holdover, but that just isn’t the case for me.