Leupold VX-3i 3.5-10x40mm $315 @ Amazon

My only warning with this is that Amazon has been known to sell fakes. It's not an issue with Amazon itself, but the sellers on Amazon. I don't buy optics or anything expensive from Amazon for this reason. You could try it out and you might be fine, but I wouldn't take the chance.

Rodéo

WKR
My only warning with this is that Amazon has been known to sell fakes. It's not an issue with Amazon itself, but the sellers on Amazon. I don't buy optics or anything expensive from Amazon for this reason. You could try it out and you might be fine, but I wouldn't take the chance.
This item is shipped and sold from Amazon. In the unlikely event that they are selling fakes you could return and they would pay for shipping. What you're saying is generally a good rule of thumb but doesn't really apply to this particular item.

This item is shipped and sold from Amazon. In the unlikely event that they are selling fakes you could return and they would pay for shipping. What you're saying is generally a good rule of thumb but doesn't really apply to this particular item.

Yes you are correct. Well said. You could also use this neat little extension for chrome called Fakespot. It will run an analysis on the seller and item and tell you how many fake reviews they have and the item have, how many reviews may have been deleted by Amazon, etc. It will also give you the adjusted rating score after getting rid of the fake reviews (bots, etc.). It's a very useful tool to use on Amazon and other vendor websites like it.

https://www.fakespot.com/

Check it out.

The question is, will it adjust correctly and hold zero. Not sure I want to take a chance that my scope will go wonky on a hunt until the issues with Leupold improve. Still a very good price for that scope.

I've had this exact model of Leupold and never had any issues with holding it's zero. I zeroed the rifle, and never dialed it after that, so I can't speak on the issue of adjusting correctly (I have also heard of the issue of dialing with Leupolds). Just my experience.