Leupold VX-3i 4.5-14x40mm 30mm Side Focus CDS-ZL ?

brsnow

WKR
Researching different scopes for a 500 yard elk rifle, lighter build. any Experience or reviews to share? Was looking at the wind Plex. Any other suggestions are welcomed. Would be going on a .270 Fieldcraft

JDZ

WKR
I have the same scope, minus the ZL, on my lightweight .308. Killed a deer at 400 yards last year. Shot it on the range out to 500 yards. I feel the glass is as good as you get for the money. I like the windplex a lot. Easy to use with an accurate CDS. I'm not sure I'd pay extra for the ZL.

Others may disagree with my opinions.

MThuntr

WKR
I have this scope. The ZL on this line seems to be good but I didn't do the CDS dial yet. Remember on the VX3 line the ZL and CDS only allow for 1 rotation of the dial. That should be good enough for your needs on a hunting rifle. Since it's a second focal plane the windplex you need to pay attention to your holdover.

Optically it's falls in line with the other VX3 line. Mine expresses a decent amount of chromatic aberration and may end up being sent back to Leupold for inspection.

LightFoot

WKR
I love this scope for the money. I set it up to shoot 400 yds (and capable to go further).

I like the wind-plex with holding for wind and it doesn't feel intrusive when aiming.

The glass is good and it tracks consistently.
405ec1892623d5b84974745bee92195b.jpg

>>>----JAKE----->

• Banned
OP
B

brsnow

WKR
How is the parallax adjustment? Is the turret numbered? Thank you