Leupold vx-6 help

Jlee91w

FNG
So working on a 270wsm rebuild so there are a couple places where I might have an issue but let’s start with the scope. I mounted a new leupold vx-6 varmint reticle on an older T3 action w/ Sportsmatch tikka rings. I also had a new roughtech barrel placed into the Tikka action.

My problem is that I am hitting about a foot high and 10 inches right. My Leupold won’t allow me to dial down to zero. Granted it is on the zero mark and I haven’t tried unscrewing the Allen screws and seeing if the scope will dial down? I feel like I am bottomed out and should be hitting low and dialing up and setting that as zero. What am I missing?

Here is a picture of my rough tech 300wsm which is the most accurate rifle that I have ever owned. Trying to match a 270wsm as well.

Thanks, Jared09EB5ADC-8F2A-4FB6-A561-0249AC2DB85D.jpeg

tuk

FNG
If I remember right taking off the outer dial then u should be able to adjust where u are hitting

OP
J

Jlee91w

FNG
Thanks tuck, you are correct. You would think someone would mention that in the instructions?

if anyone looks up this issue, you take off the cap with the supplied Allen wrench and there is a dial inside with a flathead screwdriver slot. You can go up or down then put your cap on with it at zero.

You can still get I almost exact to zero. I just sighted in 2rifles with vx-5. Same issues. See how high you are then do your moa so when you turn it down you’ll be almost exactly on