Leupold VX-Freedom Tri-MOA thoughts

Fatcamp

WKR
Freedom=VX2 is my understanding.

VX-3i is the way to go but CDS is questionable and they don't offer decent ranging reticles. They piss me off.

How hard would it be to make a VX-3i with a Tri-MOA reticle? Why they don't do it is anyone's guess. Probably to usher people towards higher value scopes.

I've gone over completely to SWFA for the time being but started looking again as I have a .223 I am setting up for my son and would like to keep it light.

Reactions: BCD
Freedom=VX2 is my understanding.

VX-3i is the way to go but CDS is questionable and they don't offer decent ranging reticles. They piss me off.

How hard would it be to make a VX-3i with a Tri-MOA reticle? Why they don't do it is anyone's guess. Probably to usher people towards higher value scopes.

I've gone over completely to SWFA for the time being but started looking again as I have a .223 I am setting up for my son and would like to keep it light.
Thanks
I have an Swfa 10x but I just can't love it. It functions fine but the glass is just to poor IMO for anything past 800

I'm getting ready to set up my old 270 No1 for my wife. Most likely its going to get a V4 4-16 but I don't really expect exceptional accuracy out of that rifle so its hard to flip a bunch of coin. So I was considering some lower cost options to possibly set it up old school with a maximum point blank range.
Well I don't think that's the correct term. But high at 100 =dead on at 250ish system is what i mean.

Elk botherer

Lil-Rokslider
I saw that they had a CDS model but I really want to stay away from them. I see they had a similar model in Mils (TMR Reticle) but only see that in CDS as well unfortunately.
I’m in the exact same camp. It’d be nice to have a simple 3x9 scope with moa/mil holdovers (instead of the bdc reticles with random hash marks) with out any cds dials. It’s sucks they dropped it.

BCD

WKR
I’m in the exact same camp. It’d be nice to have a simple 3x9 scope with moa/mil holdovers (instead of the bdc reticles with random hash marks) with out any cds dials. It’s sucks they dropped it.
Yes this is exactly what I am looking for (preferably in MILS). I prefer to dial but would like to put a scope like this on my backup rifle that would be used primarily for hunting in the WI brush country (shots 100Y or less) but still have the capability to hunt out west with it. Does anyone make something affordable like this??

Fatcamp

WKR
Found this one today. At that price just buy another SWFA 3-9 and pay the 5 ounce penalty.

Cool scope, though.

KIMG3565.JPG

I’ve got a new/demo VX freedom 3-9 with Trimoa to sell if anyone is interested. Got it from cameraland, never mounted just decided I prefer the swfa ultralight. Pm me if interested

ozyclint

WKR
found this thread through the search function.

long story short, I want to take the VX IIc 3-9x40 scope off my .270 and put it on a .22LR I intend to buy and get a VX freedom 4-12x40 for the .270.
Here in Australia there is a large price difference between the Tri Moa reticle and the LR Creedmoor reticle. AU$174 difference!

why is that?

I'm a max point blank range holdover guy so reticle configuration is less important to me.

Fatcamp

WKR
found this thread through the search function.

long story short, I want to take the VX IIc 3-9x40 scope off my .270 and put it on a .22LR I intend to buy and get a VX freedom 4-12x40 for the .270.
Here in Australia there is a large price difference between the Tri Moa reticle and the LR Creedmoor reticle. AU$174 difference!

why is that?

I'm a max point blank range holdover guy so reticle configuration is less important to me.

LR Creedmoor reticle? Never heard of it.

ozyclint

WKR

ozyclint

WKR
just wondering why there is a huge price difference between the same scope with the tri MOA reticle and the creedmoor reticle? not sure if I was missing something.

Fatcamp

WKR
There isn't here. That's a $300 scope.

My best guess is it's a Creedmoor tax. To be cool you need to pay. :)

Fatcamp

WKR
Don't resist. We welcome newcomers, manbun and flatbrim optional for registration.

Just message Ryan Avery for details.