Leupold Vx3hd vs Vx5hd

Does anyone have experience with the new Vx3hd? Looking to put a scope on my rifle to be used going after mulies and elk in Colorado. Just wondering if anyone can compare the glass between the two? Is the Vx5 worth the extra 250 dollars?

I do not have a great comparison however I upgraded my vx2 to a vx5 3x15x44. I purchased a 4.5x14x40 vx3 for my son's rifle. Both are very nice however my vx5 is much more crisp to me. Now this is the first time I ever shot a 44mm objective so I suspect that could have something to do with it. We were only at the range 1x.

Now my vx5 has a side focus and 2 revolutions on the turret. The vx3 only has 1 spin and no side focus (atleast the model I got).

I know I could have been fine with the vx3 however I dream of an Alaskan or other type of dream trip and figured I would strike with a good optic while I could so it is one less thing to worry about. Jmho.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

OP
M
Awesome. That’s kind of what I suspected. I’m leaning pretty heavily toward the vx5. Thanks for your reply.