Leupold Warranty Strikes Again

Fatcamp

WKR
So these folks have treated me better than fair several times in the past and this exchange was no different. I bought this 20X60 spotter off eBay and the seller neglected to tell me that it had stuff on the inside of the objective lens. Perfect shape otherwise, and honestly, they may not have even know. Fun fact: The rest of the world isn't obsessed with optics!

Without calling I sent it in with a repair sheet from their website and very little expectation. Email a week later said I would have it back in six. It showed up in perfect condition free of charge.

Lots of noise is made about companies and their warranty. This scope was made before most of those companies even existed and these folks saw fit to recondition it on their dime and send it back free of charge. That is pretty stellar service if you ask me.

3.5 pounds total with a Vortex High Country tripod.

KIMG3673.JPG

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good to hear! Unfortunately companies generally get a bad rap when things go wrong, but usually people don’t talk about the good things when they happen. This is great to hear. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
i have bought several used leupies and sent them in with out any reason to be checked out just because i did not know the history of the scope.

always great service and perfect optics when received.

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
How are you getting along with that Vortex tripod? I hate mine but maybe its just me?

How are you getting along with that Vortex tripod? I hate mine but maybe its just me?
I used that tripod before for two seasons and was happy to get replace it with something else. Only good thing about it was it was relatively light weight.

OP
Fatcamp

Fatcamp

WKR

I'm ok with it. For carrying around it is usable. I wouldn't expect it to keep anything heavy steady, but for this thing or a pair of 10x binoculars it works.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I had mixed results with their warranty. I had a scope that absolutely did not work, the windage wouldn't adjust, I sent the scope in for warranty and when I talked to them they sort of accused me of not knowing what I was doing. The scope came back, still did not work so I sent it back again. I forgot I sent it back and called them about 3 months later, they told me it had been lost in the mail (good thing I called) and they said they were sending me a new scope. They sent me a brand new vx3i 3.5-10. I was cool with that.

TerryA

FNG
I have to agree with you on Leupold service I bought a used rifle with VX3 6.5-20 x 50 long range scope off auction site. When I received gun all was good but I noticed screw on power ring was loose glass look good no moister in scope talked to service they told me to send in and will purged scope so I shipped off less than 5 weeks later i got scope back with all new glass objective eyepiece erector system at no charge. During the same time frame I ordered a set of Leupold rings from Amazon marked for 11mm rimfire groove when I received rings they where for center fire Sako called Leupold to find out right part number for rings I needed they sent set free of charge told me to just return wrong ones to Amazon and get my money back. With this kind of service I will always look at buying Leupold first.