Leveling Your 3rd Axis at Full Draw

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
You should watch the video for best explanation. In short it adjusts your bubble level when shooting uphill/downhill shots.

Great videos. Just be sure you clamp it onto a plumb surface on your bow. I personally use the outside of the limb pockets for 'plumbing' my bow. I use shims for the bubble but have never checked my 3rd axis. The video part with the water bottle is great. This might be old news to some guys on here though. I have found that the 2nd and 3rd axis leveling created a weak spot on the sight. I is embarrassing watching your sight head skip across the floor in front of you after a shot at the club with a $300 sight. Just when you thought you knew everything.

Great job Skeeter and Aron!!! I have set more 3rd axis this year than EVER!!!! The Hamskea 3rd Axis tool makes things EASY and FAST!!! As soon as I get to work on my own bow :):):) I can get mine set up!!!

PS SKEETER...LOVE MY VERSA!!!! I was having tuning issues with my Vector Turbo and after the Redding Round RMAA threw on a Versa and my hunting arrows...SOLD!!! AWESOME REST AND TOOLS GUYS!!!

cmeier117

WKR
You guys using a drop away rest, do you use a arrow shelf holder, your finger or do you not put an arrow on string until you are ready to kill something!

bowhnter7

Lil-Rokslider
You guys using a drop away rest, do you use a arrow shelf holder, your finger or do you not put an arrow on string until you are ready to kill something!

Arrow holder.....The Versa Rest comes with 3 really nice ones. One of them holds your arrow so well you can turn your bow upside down and it still holds it.

cmeier117

WKR
Arrow holder.....The Versa Rest comes with 3 really nice ones. One of them holds your arrow so well you can turn your bow upside down and it still holds it.

Does the arrow pop out and off the blade when you draw back? Or is it fairly smooth?

I have the Versa on my Vector Turbo and it has a cupped shelf so on that bow I don't use any type of arrow holder. Gravity and the arrows weight keeps it in the center and I personally haven't had any issues with it. Plus the shelf is rubber coated.

J-Daddy

WKR
When I had my Versa on my Hoyt I didn't use an arrow holder of any kind...I set up a new PSE the other day with my Versa rest and since they have a flat shelf I did use a stick on arrow holder on the shelf. The Versa is a great rest, I love mine.

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
I got 3rd axis aligned the other evening. I bought a Spot Hogg Hunter to replace my Real Deal. With just a few archery tools I already had (bow vise and string level)this was quite easy actually. I hung a plumb string from my garage door track for full draw stuff. The center wire on Spot Hogg sites really helps in the full draw 3rd axis tweaking. Thanks for the posts on this. I have been worried about this for a long time but aside from letting loose of the 2 bills for the new site and 100 degree temps this was a piece of cake.

reedjj

FNG
If all of your pins are in a straight line like spot hog or axcel armortech you can use your pins for your alignment with the straight line on your bow instead of the additional tool. Just line the pins up with the straight line and follow it up and down while watching your bubble level to see if it is correctly adjusted or not.

DesertRat

FNG
Great job Skeeter and Aron!!! I have set more 3rd axis this year than EVER!!!! The Hamskea 3rd Axis tool makes things EASY and FAST!!! As soon as I get to work on my own bow :):):) I can get mine set up!!!

PS SKEETER...LOVE MY VERSA!!!! I was having tuning issues with my Vector Turbo and after the Redding Round RMAA threw on a Versa and my hunting arrows...SOLD!!! AWESOME REST AND TOOLS GUYS!!!

Thanks Evan. Glad you like our stuff.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I just watched these videos. Thanks for sharing. We need more of these technical vids on here. I guess I need to make some upgrades to my MBG sight now.. Dang.. : )

Bumping this up.

Great info. On the new CBE Tek Hybrid, the adjustment to align the 3rd axis is done by just moving the bubble, correct?