Lever action or straight pull

OP
A
Seems like the lever gun gets all the love. Lever gun will be added to the collection. I was thinking 30-30 but that’s a lot harder to find right now plus the 45-70 sorta solves the potential problem of being able to use it in states that only allow straight walled cartridges.

Seems like the lever gun gets all the love. Lever gun will be added to the collection. I was thinking 30-30 but that’s a lot harder to find right now plus the 45-70 sorta solves the potential problem of being able to use it in states that only allow straight walled cartridges.
I understand your draw to 45-70. But no grizzly, elk or other big heavy game in the menu. 44 mag will do job perfectly with less recoil, lower cost of ammo and 30% lighter gun.

Maki35

WKR
I'm a big fan of lever actions. I don't own any Henry's but I have handled them. They are nice. If I was to get a Henry it would be the Lone Ranger in .308.
I collect the old Marlins. I have a few in various calibers. I have a 30-30, but I prefer to hunt with a .35 Rem here in NY. either one will work on whitetail.
I have an 1895 but I haven't hunted with it. Whitetails aren't hard to kill (and there aren't any grizzly's around here to hunt.)

I would consider a Blaser if you're looking for a straight-pull hunting rifle.

Ljstew57

FNG
I also have a love for old marlins,....have 3 336 2-35 rem, 1 - 30/30. Been using the .35 Rem for 35+ years for multiple deer kills,...lost count. Great guns accurate, easy to carry.