Levitate Vs RX-7 Ultra

Huntking

FNG
Currently shooting a Hoyt Ventum30 (29.5” DL / 80lb limbs). Torn between the Levitate and RX-7 Ultra as an upgrade. Thoughts below.

Really want to upgrade to something with a longer ATA that still packs a little punch. Would be sold on the RX-7 Ultra if the speed was a little better. I shoot 550 grain arrows and routinely shoot in a hunting scenario out to 50-60 yards. I’m a proponent of shooting 80lb limbs with heavy set ups to be able get a reasonable velocity. Due to that I’m leaning towards the Levitate with 80lb limbs, but concerned on the durability of a 3.6lb carbon riser over the course of thousands of shots. Also the Levitate is only 32.25” ATA w/ a 6” brace height yet she’s got some speed on her. RX7 is 34” ATA w/ a 7” brace height. I’ve drawn both and while the Hoyt unquestionably draws smoother, the draw cycle is not a huge factor to me (both are pretty smooth). What are y’all’s thoughts in comparing them? Really wish the Ultra had a little more sauce behind the shot.

Pic for attention

Attachments

• B3DC409E-649B-48CA-BCC0-F0FB6BF67CB7.jpeg
    B3DC409E-649B-48CA-BCC0-F0FB6BF67CB7.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 65
Since you list two carbon bows I assume weight is a factor? With what the price difference is between the two, if you are looking at weight, I’d go with the levitate. If you are wanting to shoot heavier arrows flatter, I’d go with the levitate bc it’s faster. You posted a WT, which is very nice btw, are you hunting out a tree, blind, ground, or all of the above? If in a tree, blind, or even thick forest a smaller ata should be easier to maneuver in those scenarios, which would call for the levitate. If draw is a factor, I don’t think you can beat the draw on the rx7 ultra.

I currently shoot a Mach1 and a RX3, both at 70#s. Since getting the Mach1, that’s all I use, from blinds in NV to ground in WY and the thick Pacific Northwest. I will say it is tight in a blind with the Mach1, which is very close in ata to the levitate. The rx3 draw is stupid easy compared to my mach1.

I have shot both bows you are asking about, and find they remind me of my two current bows.

Ultimately it’s your money, and your decision. Hopefully i brought up some points which will help your decision making. If it were me I know which one I’d buy and I’d still question my decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something to consider, unless you can find a 80lbs levitate in stock, you might not get it by season. I ordered my 80lbs one beginning of November and just received shipping notification yesterday.

OR Archer

WKR
If 80# is your preferred draw weight at your draw length no question I would pick the Hoyt for durability. I’ve had to deal with durability issues on 80# PSE carbons. Never have with a Hoyt.

OP
Huntking

Huntking

FNG
Since you list two carbon bows I assume weight is a factor? With what the price difference is between the two, if you are looking at weight, I’d go with the levitate. If you are wanting to shoot heavier arrows flatter, I’d go with the levitate bc it’s faster. You posted a WT, which is very nice btw, are you hunting out a tree, blind, ground, or all of the above? If in a tree, blind, or even thick forest a smaller ata should be easier to maneuver in those scenarios, which would call for the levitate. If draw is a factor, I don’t think you can beat the draw on the rx7 ultra.

I currently shoot a Mach1 and a RX3, both at 70#s. Since getting the Mach1, that’s all I use, from blinds in NV to ground in WY and the thick Pacific Northwest. I will say it is tight in a blind with the Mach1, which is very close in ata to the levitate. The rx3 draw is stupid easy compared to my mach1.

I have shot both bows you are asking about, and find they remind me of my two current bows.

Ultimately it’s your money, and your decision. Hopefully i brought up some points which will help your decision making. If it were me I know which one I’d buy and I’d still question my decision

Weight is a factor but only to the point of the effects it has on holding accurately. I primarily hunt the South East and Midwest but run a minimal tree stand set up so Having a shorter ATA length isn’t beneficial. Have you had any durability concerns or issues with your MACH1? Between your RX3 and your MACH1 which one do you grab consistently to take to to the woods? Appreciate the response, haha you’re last sentence had me Laugh out Loud

OP
Huntking

Huntking

FNG
If 80# is your preferred draw weight at your draw length no question I would pick the Hoyt for durability. I’ve had to deal with durability issues on 80# PSE carbons. Never have with a Hoyt.
Thanks for the insight. Jumping up to the 80lb limbs is great except for the added stress it puts on the bow. Definitely a consideration I’ll take into account pretty heavily. Kinda surprised you’ve hade durability issues with PSE considering it’s American made an all (maybe that’s just the riser?). I shoot a lot so my stuff gets put through the paces. I remember reading a thread on here a while back about guys having durability issues with PSE carbon bows? You’d think for almost $2k they’d have that figured out.

OR Archer

WKR
Thanks for the insight. Jumping up to the 80lb limbs is great except for the added stress it puts on the bow. Definitely a consideration I’ll take into account pretty heavily. Kinda surprised you’ve hade durability issues with PSE considering it’s American made an all (maybe that’s just the riser?). I shoot a lot so my stuff gets put through the paces. I remember reading a thread on here a while back about guys having durability issues with PSE carbon bows? You’d think for almost $2k they’d have that figured out.
Only time I’ve dealt with issues was on 80# Mach 1s. Never had issues with lower draw weight versions. And it was always longer draw lengths as well

HbDane

WKR
I think if you're set on 80lb go with RX7 Ultra. Or you can shoot a 70lb Levitate and probably still be a little faster or same speed as the Hoyt. I ordered both but cancelled the Hoyt due to my dealer telling me still no news on my bow. Albeit I'm a lefty, but I ordered one as soon as their new line launched. I know it wasn't Hoyt's fault my dealer just sold my bow and reordered one thinking I wouldn't find out.

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
The rx7 ultra is completely different compared to the levitate. The levitate has a harsher draw cycle, vibrates a lot after the shot, makes a louder noise, very fragile construction. And $100 more. The positives is it's very light and has really good speed. The rx7 ultra has an extremely smooth draw cycle very quite on the shot. Almost
no vibration. Very well built has built in picitanny rail for sight. Built in quiver mounts. It's definitely heavier but holds better and is more accurate at distance. The biggest downside is speed it's definitely slow. Overall rx7 ultra is what I would choose but everyone has there own opinion. Best thing is to shoot both and make your own decision. If your draw is 29in or higher speed doesn't even matter you will get good speed no matter what. I'm a 28.5in draw at 70lbs. Shooting a 455 grain arrow at 270fps.

Attachments

• 1A10ABCA-91C5-4C7B-8774-527D6F8E9FC2.jpeg
    1A10ABCA-91C5-4C7B-8774-527D6F8E9FC2.jpeg
    666.1 KB · Views: 55

OR Archer

WKR
The rx7 ultra is completely different compared to the levitate. The levitate has a harsher draw cycle, vibrates a lot after the shot, makes a louder noise, very fragile construction. And $100 more. The positives is it's very light and has really good speed. The rx7 ultra has an extremely smooth draw cycle very quite on the shot. Almost
no vibration. Very well built has built in picitanny rail for sight. Built in quiver mounts. It's definitely heavier but holds better and is more accurate at distance. The biggest downside is speed it's definitely slow. Overall rx7 ultra is what I would choose but everyone has there own opinion. Best thing is to shoot both and make your own decision. If your draw is 29in or higher speed doesn't even matter you will get good speed no matter what. I'm a 28.5in draw at 70lbs. Shooting a 455 grain arrow at 270fps.
That pic from Usery ?

Weight is a factor but only to the point of the effects it has on holding accurately. I primarily hunt the South East and Midwest but run a minimal tree stand set up so Having a shorter ATA length isn’t beneficial. Have you had any durability concerns or issues with your MACH1? Between your RX3 and your MACH1 which one do you grab consistently to take to to the woods? Appreciate the response, haha you’re last sentence had me Laugh out Loud

Since getting the Mach1, the rx3 has become a permanent backup bow. I really like the mach1 from the grip to the weight. I’m able to hold accurately, but I do notice the wind a little more than I have with past aluminum bows. I know there were riser issues with 80# mach1, as OR Archer stated. OR Archer could probably speak better to the durability of the levitates then I could. I would think if there was an issue it would have been brought up on a forum somewhere. I know the 80# rx7 are easy to draw. Which in my experience has been the case with hoyt in general over the last few years. I had a 80# helix maxed at 86# and it felt like my halon 32 @ 70#.

I do feel like my rx3 is quieter than my mach1. For me the mach1 is the perfect bow for how I hunt.

I’ve toyed with the idea of trading in the rx3 for a levitate or rx7, and again I’d still question which ever one I picked.

HbDane

WKR
Please elaborate on "Very Fragile Construction" I find nothing fragile about it. Now if it's your opinion because it's lighter, that's cool. But I will have to respectfully disagree with you on the construction.

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
Please elaborate on "Very Fragile Construction" I find nothing fragile about it. Now if it's your opinion because it's lighter, that's cool. But I will have to respectfully disagree with you on the
Prolly shouldn't have worded it as very fragile but just handling the two bows and banging the risers around and looking at the connection points the Hoyt seems to be a lot more sturdy. I've seen a few guys get loud rattling coming from the riser from internals coming apart in the levitate but I think they fixed that now. I still have my mach1 and love it. But the connection points from cable rods were cracking a lot in the Mach 1 risers which hopefully they fixed with the new levitate cable rod connection points. My statement was not scientific but I feel like my Mach 1 could break at any moment if I drop it wrong and my rx7 ultra could take a beating. I hope I'm wrong.

HbDane

WKR
Prolly shouldn't have worded it as very fragile but just handling the two bows and banging the risers around and looking at the connection points the Hoyt seems to be a lot more sturdy. I've seen a few guys get loud rattling coming from the riser from internals coming apart in the levitate but I think they fixed that now. I still have my mach1 and love it. But the connection points from cable rods were cracking a lot in the Mach 1 risers which hopefully they fixed with the new levitate cable rod connection points. My statement was not scientific but I feel like my Mach 1 could break at any moment if I drop it wrong and my rx7 ultra could take a beating. I hope I'm wrong.
Definitely see your point and have heard of the issues on the Mach 1 guide rod. I was just asking because I had both on order and because of my shop selling my Ultra from under me, I went with a Levitate. I am as hoping issues weren't coming to surface.

rsiwuda

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely see your point and have heard of the issues on the Mach 1 guide rod. I was just asking because I had both on order and because of my shop selling my Ultra from under me, I went with a Levitate. I am as hoping issues weren't coming to surface.
Levitate seems like a great bow I would add limb dampeners in and a good stabilizer set with back bar. Only thing I've heard is that rattling inside riser. But only a small group of people. If anything like that happened to the bow pse would just replace it without an issue. Only downside would be waiting awhile to get it fixed.

KBC

WKR
I have an Axius Ultra but shot my buddy's levitate today. I'm having a hard time not thinking about getting a levitate. It felt great and held so steady. The only thing I didn't like was the shorter ATA. I definitely noticed the difference in string angle. If it came in a longer ATA I'd buy one but since I went to the Ultra at 34" ATA, I feel like my form is that much better since I don't have to lean my head in to touch my nose to the string.

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
Went in wanting a 70lb Levitate. After numerous shooting sessions I went with the 80lb RX7 Ultra. Just a much nicer shooting bow all the way around than the Levitate. Went with the 80lb limbs to keep the speeds up and because it draws smoother than any other 80lb bow I've ever shot. By a lot.

cdowns

FNG
Have you considered the Hoyt Twin Turbo? Performance wise, it seems closer to the PSE than the RX7. Heavier than the PSE, but the overall feel of and after the shot, the draw, and the performance will be closer to the PSE.

OP
Huntking

Huntking

FNG
Went in wanting a 70lb Levitate. After numerous shooting sessions I went with the 80lb RX7 Ultra. Just a much nicer shooting bow all the way around than the Levitate. Went with the 80lb limbs to keep the speeds up and because it draws smoother than any other 80lb bow I've ever shot. By a lot.
That’s what I’m leaning towards (RX7 Ultra with 80lbs limbs). Im not a full blown speed junkie, just need to be able to get a heavy arrow to around the 285 mark with a quiet shot. a 34” ATA / 7” brace with 80lbs limbs and a pretty dead silent shot seem hard to beat.
What weight arrow are you looking at running? I’m currently shooting 550 grain, but might bump down to a 480 grain set up to get a little more speed.

BucksNBulls

Lil-Rokslider
That’s what I’m leaning towards (RX7 Ultra with 80lbs limbs). Im not a full blown speed junkie, just need to be able to get a heavy arrow to around the 285 mark with a quiet shot. a 34” ATA / 7” brace with 80lbs limbs and a pretty dead silent shot seem hard to beat.
What weight arrow are you looking at running? I’m currently shooting 550 grain, but might bump down to a 480 grain set up to get a little more speed.

29" draw, 480gn arrow and I'm hitting 293fps on the chrono.