Levitate Vs RX-7 Ultra

Basecamphunt

Lil-Rokslider
For what it’s worth, I have shot hoyt for 10 years and currently shoot an rx1 ultra. I ordered the levitate without shooting it based on hearing about the toted accuracy. When I got it, I had a tough time being comfortable with the valley. I shoot a back tension release and found myself needing to pull hard into the back wall and it made it difficult to use the back tension. I feel like I could have gotten used to this but didn’t want to commit. I want to enjoy the shooting process and the RX7 ultra is tough to beat that way for me. I ended up selling my levitate for a big loss after only 50 shots. I am now in search of an rx7 ultra. I also bought my wife a levitate and am getting ready to sell my wife’s too, she felt same way with her back tension release and was terrified shooting the levitate. We only shot them in our basement at 5 yards so didn’t get them to the range.

All that being said. I feel the levitate is a great bow if you shoot one and your comfortable with it. I was really excited to dial it in and shoot out to distance but I never got there. Both my bow and my wife’s shot bullet holes out of the gate. Accuracy is biggest thing for me ( I thought) and I felt the levitate had potential of being the most accurate bow in 2022 which is why I preordered two of them before shooting one. I much prefer the draw and everything else with RX7 ultra, I think I’ll throw water more arrows down range with it in my hand. I’m bummed with the speed of the ultra like you, and for me at a 30.5” draw length have to go to the 3 module so that will suck even more out of it.

Just thought I’d share that. Again I’m a hoyt guy that tried to convert, but quickly failed.

For what it’s worth, I have shot hoyt for 10 years and currently shoot an rx1 ultra. I ordered the levitate without shooting it based on hearing about the toted accuracy. When I got it, I had a tough time being comfortable with the valley. I shoot a back tension release and found myself needing to pull hard into the back wall and it made it difficult to use the back tension. I feel like I could have gotten used to this but didn’t want to commit. I want to enjoy the shooting process and the RX7 ultra is tough to beat that way for me. I ended up selling my levitate for a big loss after only 50 shots. I am now in search of an rx7 ultra. I also bought my wife a levitate and am getting ready to sell my wife’s too, she felt same way with her back tension release and was terrified shooting the levitate. We only shot them in our basement at 5 yards so didn’t get them to the range.

All that being said. I feel the levitate is a great bow if you shoot one and your comfortable with it. I was really excited to dial it in and shoot out to distance but I never got there. Both my bow and my wife’s shot bullet holes out of the gate. Accuracy is biggest thing for me ( I thought) and I felt the levitate had potential of being the most accurate bow in 2022 which is why I preordered two of them before shooting one. I much prefer the draw and everything else with RX7 ultra, I think I’ll throw water more arrows down range with it in my hand. I’m bummed with the speed of the ultra like you, and for me at a 30.5” draw length have to go to the 3 module so that will suck even more out of it.

Just thought I’d share that. Again I’m a hoyt guy that tried to convert, but quickly failed.
Wow that’s interesting…the only conclusion I can take away is everyone is different. I have a Levitate S2 cams and I shoot resistance release only and I think it‘s great, I have no issue with the back wall or holding it at draw. Eventually I’ll be looking for another Levitate as a backup to the one I have now, I like it so much…