License Fee Increase

Every few years license/tag fees get increased whether its for res or non res in different states. This year Idaho seems to be making a large increase % wise for non res. This post isn't for whining about the fee increase and saying the sky is falling and my kids and grand kids won't be able to hunt it.

The main question is: When a state has increased fees has anyone seen better management because of it?

I want to say Colorado brought in an extra 20 million last year since they require the qualifying license to apply. That is a lot of money that seems to be able to help with wildlife management. Whether it helps buy access, adds more collars for species studies, transplanting animals where they need a boost in population (sheep), etc.

Anyone have data about states using the money wisely and actually improving anything?

jmcd22

WKR
Time will tell here. They raised fees a few years ago for residents. I'm sure there was whining and complaining about it but I don't remember any of it, thankfully.

To answer your question though...I am not sure if there was better management per say but we have seen numerous upgrades to facilities run by F&G. We have a shooting range where usage has skyrocketed from our growing population in Boise. They needed a face lift years ago. Well, they got that and more. F&G also built a new office in Nampa. This has been debated and some see it as a bad thing. I believe it was a good thing and needed. I'm sure they have spent money elsewhere but that is what was noticeable to me, the little bit that I follow it.