License question

kda082

WKR
Planning on taking my son antelope hunting this fall in WY. We each have a couple pp, not sure if I’ll use them or not. In looking in the game and fish sight all I can see needed is the antelope license which appears either $341 or youth $125, and conservation stamp which I think is $12. In Kansas we have a general hunting license required for all game and then purchase our deer permits. In WY is there a nonresident hunting license needed? Also, in Kansas 16 and older requires adult tags/permits, but it appears WY under 18 is still youth. I set aside the adult cost for him so pleasantly surprised if it is youth. Is it possible to only put in for a doe/fawn tag for myself? I really don’t want to hunt while he’s hunting but wouldn’t mind a doe tag in my pocket just in case. Sorry for the War and Peace sized post.

bdan68

WKR
Sounds like you have it pretty much figured out. No other licences are needed, and if your son is under 18 then he pays the youth price. You can apply for a type 6 or 7 license and your son can apply for a type 1 or 2 tag.

wytx

WKR
I would use the PP for your son, and he does pay just the youth price for an any antelope tag, Type 1 license. You can get up to 2 doe/fawn tags in first draw then maybe 2 more if any left over.
The only other license you would need would be an archery license if archery hunting on the tags.

wytx

WKR
Right, the archery license is needed to hunt during archery season on any tag other than a Type 9 tag, doe tags need it too.