License question?

TwoTikkas

WKR
Hey all. I need the poop on leftover Antelope tags in Wyoming or Colorad. If I don't draw Elk tags for 2012 where might I see about leftover tags for my daughter and I? I under stand there are certain areas that have a likelyhood of there being extra tags,but very limited access. All we want to do is have a great time together,and put a couple bucks on the ground. Trophy quality isn't an issue. Just looking for a good time hunting lopes with my daughter. Any sugestions?

B

bearguide

around sheridan there are always left over tags b/c it is a lot of private // but the cost to hunt the private is usually not to bad. for white tail it is 100%, there are lots of them on the private / goats you may be able to get on public walk in areas / rebecca's white tail she shot last fall is in the form under white tail grin and grip

Wyoming would for sure be the direction that I would send you for some goats. CO has a lot of OTC areas available out east but you will have to deal with outfitters leased grounds and trespass fees ($60-$500)...yep you read that right!! $500 for a trespass fee for a prairie carp!!!! There are a few areas of public here in CO that hold some good speed goats. But you will have better luck on private ground if you can gain access.

I go to Wyoming myself.

wapitibob

WKR
The "limited access" is way overblown. There is a bushel basket full of units that have left over tags and more than enough BLM to provide a decent hunt.
If you use ArcGis Explorer or Google earth and add the unit boundary overlays, topo map and BLM SMA servers you can match the units and BLM area and make a decision on a hunt that will fit your needs.
The left over list will come out in June I believe and you might download and save it prior to the sale starting so you can go back and reference the original numbers when looking for next year. The WY game dept updates that list each day so the totals will drop.

WyoBob

FNG
If unsuccessful, I will look for leftover licenses in the hunter management areas. There are some leftover licenses that afford some great opportunities.