Life Changes Checking in

NYSKIER

WKR
Hi Fellow Roksliders,

Just checking in after quite a busy fall. In late June I welcomed me first child a beautiful baby boy which was certainly a life change. By late August with two western hunts on the slate my wife and I found ourselves going from Dr. to Dr. trying to figure out what was growing near our baby boys eye. Luckily we figured out what it was and got the necessary treatment so everything it good to go!!! Unfortunately in all of this I missed out on my western hunts and had to take a rain check for the first time in five years. Back east at home I found it tough to get out hunting as often for whitetails as I was trying to help my wife out with the baby however luck was in my favor (Better to be Lucky than good just as the Rokslide film is titled). I had a nice doe on my property fall to me on foot from my deck to fill the freezer. I followed up the doe a week later with a smaller 2x3 whitetail taken on my 3.5 acres in an unbelievable sequence where I grunted him in to challenge my buck decoy. All it all it's been a big adjustment this year but I couldn't be prouder to be a father and I've ended up with two deer for the freezer. Hopefully I can get one more before the 22nd and I'm already looking forward to being westward bound again.

Mike

Opah

WKR
A healthy new son, deer in the back yard a full freezer of meat. Damn man you are rich, savor the moments with your son, it will be sooner than you think he'll be out hunting with you.