Lifted Subaru

IdahoElk

WKR
That 4runner you posted was about what they go for with cloth interior,I'd look for a V8 if interested in runners from 03-06 as the v6 had head gasket issues in those years,newer than 06 and the issue was fixed.
I have two v8 04's presently and they are solid vehicles.

I have a 2016 crosstrek that I drive for my do everything vehicle in PA. I don’t baby it and I would be willing to bet I drive just as rough roads as you describe.

I have had zero problems and even with a truck you will swerve to avoid large holes because nobody is going to hit them in any vehicle you want to last.

I have driven it though blizzards, roads with zero winter maintenance, mud, old logging roads etc.

Also, I would recommend getting appropriate tires for winter. I put snow tires on mine and it’s a tank. Essentially though unless you get the right tires the awd is a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
got a crosstrek loaner few years back. excellent ride! my weekend hunt that time saw some crappy roads and then some. plenty of vids showing what Fozzys can do.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr4A1SeSWc0 dont miss a truck at all. just sayin

elkduds

WKR
Interesting. Never thought of that vehicle. Two of my sisters both had old Nissan Altimas in high school/college and I remember those things were great other than expensive for parts (that was in early 2000s). Are there any specific things to look out for on the Pathfinder?

This is the nicest one I found near me. I would consider it after doing some more research.
Engine coolant leaking into automatic transmission is the worst problem for these. Rust in the strut towers under the hood is also No Bueno. Carcomplaints.com is a good website for seeing what usually breaks on any year or model of car or truck.