lifting /crossfit shoe

I have had two sets of my old original reeboks liked them so much my second pair bought used last year. time for another pair any ideas? For some reason the ions-8s are catching my eye. have a set of asics for pounding pavement an altras I need to hit the trails with when my knee mends but need a new lifting crossfitt shoe

pattimusprime22

Lil-Rokslider
If you'll only use them for lifting, then an olympic lifting shoe like the Nike Romaleo mentioned above will work well. Keep in mind these lifting shoes have an elevated heel to allow for a more upright torso when you're doing olympic lifting movements and probably wouldn't be ideal for deadlifting.

If you'll be doing crossfit style workouts (lifting/jumping/running together) then you'll probably want a more all around shoe like the reebok nanos, nike metcons, or nobull trainers.

*zap*

WKR
I wear the merrell 'glove' trail/road shoes. Trail gloves for work/casual and vapor glove 2 for gym. The vapor gloves are very, very minimal and both are zero drop 'barefoot' shoes. Best thing I have done for footwear in recent years was switch to these.

Outlaw99

WKR
I always more Nike metcons and they were great, but I’ve since come to prefer an old pair of Lowa Zephyrs. They’re extremely light, nimble, but offer a lot of support

Hyphen

FNG
I do boot camp workouts and have had four knee surgeries so running is awful for me. My PT friends all recommend Hokas. I tried them but couldn’t get the size right. They are VERY tall and absorb impact. My favorites now are these Under Armour. I can actually run some! Oh, I totally abused the Amazon return policy to find the ones I wanted.
UNDER ARMOUR Men's Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe, Black (002)/Black, 9.5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G7TDPS1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_nXkrMLZ9oloAo

TheGDog

WKR
If it's for lifting.. just make sure not to tall of a heel on it for when you're doing squats. Like runner shoes? Not the greatest for squats. They cant you (i.e. make you lean) too much forward already.

I like my Innov8 Fastlifts. They have a hard, raised heel, but are a little lighter in weight than a traditional olympic lifting shoe, which is nice if you switch into something like sprints or box jumps.

I use these for squats and olympic lifts, but typically deadlift in bare feet.

Poser

WKR
I like my Innov8 Fastlifts. They have a hard, raised heel, but are a little lighter in weight than a traditional olympic lifting shoe, which is nice if you switch into something like sprints or box jumps.

I use these for squats and olympic lifts, but typically deadlift in bare feet.

I use these as well for lifters. I only use the gym for strength training, so I squat, bench Press, Press, deadlift, power clean and power snatch in these. That being said, Innov8s tend to favor a narrow foot profile, so that may or may not be ideal for the OP.

MThuntr

WKR
I lift barefoot (private gym) or with zero drop minimalist shoes (mine are old New Balance Minimus or something like that). Crossfit I'd probably stick with previously mentioned shoes.

jwatts

WKR
I started using Inov8 Bare XFs recently. I like them for a cross training shoe. They're zero drop and minimal cushion. They're good for sprints during a workout, but not for much running. They're great for squats and deadlifts. They even have a guard on the top and sides for rope climbs.

RyanC

WKR
I have been particpating and/or coaching crossfit exclusively for over 8 years now. I've owned a lot of the crossfit shoes out there.....nanos, metcons, inov8s, etc. My favorite for just being in the gym were the Metcons. Recently I decided I want a better shoe for doing everything in the gym, plus running....everything in our gym is at or under 1 mile. So I have been in a pair of Altra Solstice shoes and love them. Zero drop, wide toe box, lightweight, and just the right amount of cushion for those short runs. If you need a shoe for everything in the gym including some 400-800 meter runs, I highly recommend this shoe!!

Best of luck,
Ryan

If you'll only use them for lifting, then an olympic lifting shoe like the Nike Romaleo mentioned above will work well. Keep in mind these lifting shoes have an elevated heel to allow for a more upright torso when you're doing olympic lifting movements and probably wouldn't be ideal for deadlifting.

If you'll be doing crossfit style workouts (lifting/jumping/running together) then you'll probably want a more all around shoe like the reebok nanos, nike metcons, or nobull trainers.

This is a helpful answer. ^^^

Last edited:

LostArra

WKR
For my strength training (squat, deadlift, bench, press and clean) I use the Reebok Lifter Pr Cross Trainer. Nice firm stable sole but it's not for running. I also wear them warming up or cooling down on my wife's Peloton knockoff bike.

NolanKM

FNG
Straight-up Converse Chuck Taylors should not be overlooked for lifting. Nice flat profile, durable, economical. YMMV but they've been all I've worn swinging heavy bells for years.

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider
I've used the Reebok Nano, No Bull Trainers, and the Nike Metcon. Of the 3, the Nanos are my favorite. I will say, No Bull by far has the best colors to choose from, the color options for the Nano and Metcons are all butt ugly to me. I just didn't find the No Bulls nearly as durable.