lifting /crossfit shoe

Rockford2

FNG
Out of the No Bull, Reebok nano and Nike metcon, I usually default to the nanos because of their versatility. Great for CrossFit workouts that have a mixture of running and lifting. The metcons seem to have a wider toebox and the No Bulls are more narrow.

Wags

WKR
Out of the No Bull, Reebok nano and Nike metcon, I usually default to the nanos because of their versatility. Great for CrossFit workouts that have a mixture of running and lifting. The metcons seem to have a wider toebox and the No Bulls are more narrow.

This!

I HATE my NoBull's, I have wide feet and they crush mine together horribly. The Nano's have a wide toe box and are far more comfortable IMO.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I got those new inov8 shoes they just came out with. So Dlgsd they are pretty good but I’ve only used them for 1/2 a dozen workouts.

RichC64

FNG
Converse for lifting and whatever style of Brooks, Ascis, Nike fit your foot for running for x fit.

Brendan

WKR
I wear the merrell 'glove' trail/road shoes. Trail gloves for work/casual and vapor glove 2 for gym. The vapor gloves are very, very minimal and both are zero drop 'barefoot' shoes. Best thing I have done for footwear in recent years was switch to these.

Slightly old thread bump - but I'm on board with @*zap* - Big fan of the vapor glove 4 for every day use. Office, house, walking the dog, gym. Lems Primal 2 and Nine2Five for work sometimes. I do switch to a real running shoe with cushioning for running (Brooks Ghost for me), anything with more impact. Real boots for hiking / rucking. But the minimalist / zero drop has been great for strengthening feet and ankles on a daily basis.

*zap*

WKR
Slightly old thread bump - but I'm on board with @*zap* - Big fan of the vapor glove 4 for every day use. Office, house, walking the dog, gym. Lems Primal 2 and Nine2Five for work sometimes. I do switch to a real running shoe with cushioning for running (Brooks Ghost for me), anything with more impact. Real boots for hiking / rucking. But the minimalist / zero drop has been great for strengthening feet and ankles on a daily basis.
So, to update my prior post I have graduated to wearing vapor gloves for pretty much everything including 30# rucking on trail....unless it is wet/slippery and then I wear a trail glove. It took a little time for my feet to adapt but now they are doing fine...even working on ladders, digging and landscaping.

I think minimal shoes are very good for me.

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for NoBull, I've been using mine for lifting and cross fit for about a year and still love them. I run the high tops and find they are great for deads, squats, and you still maintain the mobility for other CrossFit type exercises (box jumps, step-ups, burpees, etc).

I do boot camp workouts and have had four knee surgeries so running is awful for me. My PT friends all recommend Hokas. I tried them but couldn’t get the size right. They are VERY tall and absorb impact. My favorites now are these Under Armour. I can actually run some! Oh, I totally abused the Amazon return policy to find the ones I wanted.
UNDER ARMOUR Men's Charged Assert 8 Running Shoe, Black (002)/Black, 9.5 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G7TDPS1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_nXkrMLZ9oloAo
Thanks for the recommendation. I would really like to buy them.
and talking about the amazon return policy they are much impressive. They don't mind how many times you return until you get the perfect ones just like you did. Haha

OOSWLC

FNG
if you're going to be doing things other than squats/pulls/olympic lifts in them, don't get a dedicated lifting shoe... dedicated weightlifting shoes are made to help you stand still so they're uncomfortable for much else (as they should be).

i owned a crossfit gym that turned into an olympic weightlifting gym for 8.5 years, and i still coach 7 days a week, so i've owned/watched hundreds of people own and use every pair of shoes out there for powerlifting, olympic lifting, and crossfit/functional training...

if you want an all around shoe that you can wear for everything, get an all around shoe. if you have good mobility, don't worry about a raised heel. if you do a lot of lifting or have mobility limitations, a raised heel would be nice.
a raised heel crossfit shoe is completely fine to run/do metcon's in. that's literally what they're made for.
reebok's seem to have a wider toe-box than other brands- so if you need it, that's worth considering... but honestly minimalist shoes area a dime a dozen imo.
if you want a dedicated weightlifting shoe, get a dedicated weightlifting shoe. just know you'll probably want to change shoes (or just take them off) when the lifting is done.

i currently use the imported aisics because it's my job/they're the best... but if it weren't for that i would have never gotten rid of my nike romaleo 2's... according to my clients, the 3's are less supportive (like a crossfit shoe), and the 4's have gotten to be stiffer again, like the 2's.

adidas lifters seem to be slightly more flexible than other brands... and wooden heels sound the coolest. that's about all i can think of.