lifting /crossfit shoe

Rockford2

Out of the No Bull, Reebok nano and Nike metcon, I usually default to the nanos because of their versatility. Great for CrossFit workouts that have a mixture of running and lifting. The metcons seem to have a wider toebox and the No Bulls are more narrow.

Wags

Out of the No Bull, Reebok nano and Nike metcon, I usually default to the nanos because of their versatility. Great for CrossFit workouts that have a mixture of running and lifting. The metcons seem to have a wider toebox and the No Bulls are more narrow.

This!

I HATE my NoBull's, I have wide feet and they crush mine together horribly. The Nano's have a wide toe box and are far more comfortable IMO.

thinhorn_AK

I got those new inov8 shoes they just came out with. So Dlgsd they are pretty good but I’ve only used them for 1/2 a dozen workouts.

RichC64

Converse for lifting and whatever style of Brooks, Ascis, Nike fit your foot for running for x fit.

Brendan

I wear the merrell 'glove' trail/road shoes. Trail gloves for work/casual and vapor glove 2 for gym. The vapor gloves are very, very minimal and both are zero drop 'barefoot' shoes. Best thing I have done for footwear in recent years was switch to these.

Slightly old thread bump - but I'm on board with @*zap* - Big fan of the vapor glove 4 for every day use. Office, house, walking the dog, gym. Lems Primal 2 and Nine2Five for work sometimes. I do switch to a real running shoe with cushioning for running (Brooks Ghost for me), anything with more impact. Real boots for hiking / rucking. But the minimalist / zero drop has been great for strengthening feet and ankles on a daily basis.

*zap*

Slightly old thread bump - but I'm on board with @*zap* - Big fan of the vapor glove 4 for every day use. Office, house, walking the dog, gym. Lems Primal 2 and Nine2Five for work sometimes. I do switch to a real running shoe with cushioning for running (Brooks Ghost for me), anything with more impact. Real boots for hiking / rucking. But the minimalist / zero drop has been great for strengthening feet and ankles on a daily basis.
So, to update my prior post I have graduated to wearing vapor gloves for pretty much everything including 30# rucking on trail....unless it is wet/slippery and then I wear a trail glove. It took a little time for my feet to adapt but now they are doing fine...even working on ladders, digging and landscaping.

I think minimal shoes are very good for me.

TexDoc

Another vote for NoBull, I've been using mine for lifting and cross fit for about a year and still love them. I run the high tops and find they are great for deads, squats, and you still maintain the mobility for other CrossFit type exercises (box jumps, step-ups, burpees, etc).