Light bar brands?

What are people using these days for LED light bars? I did find one old thread but wondering if there's anything new. I don't have a lot of money to spend but also don't want just the cheapest cheapo.

God bless,
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are people using these days for LED light bars? I did find one old thread but wondering if there's anything new. I don't have a lot of money to spend but also don't want just the cheapest cheapo.

God bless,
Tim

I had a 20 inch rough country on my old superduty and it was really good for $200.

Elk97

WKR
I've got a couple of Rigid 10" combo (spot and flood) on the boat but they were expensive when I got them (600 several years ago). They still look and work like new after several years of hard use in salt water.

vermeire

Lil-Rokslider
I have a couple Aurora (eBay or Amazon) cubes on my truck and I've heard good things about Armored Lighting. They look identical from what I can tell and come with decent wiring harnesses.

ChrisAU

WKR
I spent the money on a Baja Designs for the front bumper on my Tacoma, and while it is nice, I'm not too impressed for the price tag.

Jebuwh

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly I played around with a ton of different brands and models for a while. We dabbled in desert racing when I lived in Southern California. If you were depending on the lights in a race like Baja, I would say sure go buy Baja Designs, or Rigid, or whatever.

If its just recreational, find some decent reviewed ones on Amazon for a good price. They will do everything you need for 25% of the cost.

Squamch

WKR
Honestly I played around with a ton of different brands and models for a while. We dabbled in desert racing when I lived in Southern California. If you were depending on the lights in a race like Baja, I would say sure go buy Baja Designs, or Rigid, or whatever.

If its just recreational, find some decent reviewed ones on Amazon for a good price. They will do everything you need for 25% of the cost.

Exactly. There are some mid-level brands that are good too, I have a speed demon bar on my truck. It's not a $1000 ridgid, but It blows the same size amazon bar that is on my dad's truck away. That said, we both drive first gen super duties, anything better than a bic lighter with tinfoil behind it is better than our headlights.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I'm curious about this topic as well. I need more light in my life.. My 17 ford has the outfitter switches and it looks super easy to plug and play a light bar or three.

First thing I would do is upgrade your regular headlights and back up lights with some diode Dynamics bulbs. I think my back ups are 430 lumen..once I did that I didn't need a light bar on my epxy. On my old jeep I run JW speaker LED head lights and 400ish lumen reverse lights no need for light bar on it either. YMMV

OP
bowieknife50
I guess I should have clarified I'll need some pods also to direct off to the side. Gonna be on the hound rig to help find tracks.

First thing I would do is upgrade your regular headlights and back up lights with some diode Dynamics bulbs. I think my back ups are 430 lumen..once I did that I didn't need a light bar on my epxy. On my old jeep I run JW speaker LED head lights and 400ish lumen reverse lights no need for light bar on it either. YMMV

For the price of those, I can add two light bars. More light and more badass... ;)