Light/durable hiking pant

R Miller

Lil-Rokslider
Im curious what you have found. I've been wearing the old Rampart pant from Arcteryx (2013ish design) which have been redesigned to a trim fit so Im not even going to buy a pair. Im sure they are ****ered up now.

I'm full thigh/calfs so I enjoy the slightly relaxed fit. Bummer as these were the toughest pant i've ever bought.

Read1t48

WKR
C9 Champion Golf Pants from Target. They dry fast. They are light weight, stretchy, durable, and cheap.They come in various colors including khaki and grey. You can't beat the FL merino gear for hunting because of the odor control and other benefits. But for a hiking pant, the Golf Pant is hard to beat. I wear them at work as dress slacks; they are wrinkle free and look great. When they get 'worn', I "downgrade" them to a hunting and farm pant. I live on a farm and they are my go-to pant for farm work. They take a real beating. The "con's"... not many pockets, no special odor control.

about two years ago I started wearing Prana Zions for pretty much everything. There might be better options, but these make me happy.

he_lives

FNG
I've had pretty good luck with the Eddie Bauer Guide Pro Pants. Seems like they're on sale every couple months (currently on sale) and have been fairly durable for me over the last 6-months.

PresTex

Lil-Rokslider

Have been very happy with these. Very cheap but seem to be well made. They are fairly durable, fit perfect, have some stretch to them, have plenty of pockets, and are very light and breathe able.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those Costco pants are dirt cheap and have worn fairly well for me. I like the fact they are cool in the summer. Don't have a ton of hours in them. But am wearing more and so far I am a little surprised how they are holding up.

I bought a pair of the Kuhl Renegades used on here. I like the fit but durability and price might be an issue on them.

I too, have a couple pair of the EB guides I bought on sale. Have not broken into them yet. But they should be good especially at the sale price, hopefully.

micus

Lil-Rokslider
Columbia makes some good earth tone super light / packable pants. Prana zions are pretty wicked for hiking as well.

gudspelr

Lil-Rokslider
I tried a pair of the Prana's on at REI and was saddened to find they hugged my thighs far too tightly for my comfort. I'm not particularly large in the legs, which led me to think it was just the cut of the pants. The material definitely seemed nice, though. I'd have gotten a pair if I liked the fit (and could find some in longer lengths...).

I ended up with a pair of Propper brand cargo pants. They're mostly nylon with a bit of the stretchy stuff added in like a lot of the other ones out there. They're very light, stretch nicely, and have a lot of pockets. I've been out hiking in them a number of times and they're pretty great. Found them on Amazon for like $40. A lot cheaper than some options out there. I was going to get some of the Costco ones, but they didn't have a longer inseam...

Jeremy

OP
R

R Miller

Lil-Rokslider
I say light hiking but these were really what I used for everything, hiking, sheep hunting, beer drinking, etc. Thanks for the replies, I will have a look

Boman

Lil-Rokslider
Prana stretch Zions. They make a non stretch and a slim fit one.. the slims are a no go for me but the stretch Zions are heavenly

mdfanatic

FNG
I have Kuiu Attacks in brown and wear them practically all season. I'm a bit fuller in the thigh and wear relaxed fit on jeans and what not and they fit pretty true to size. I love my Attack pants.

I too pretty much just wear Kuiu attack pants. I am going to test out some of the Prana Stretch Zions in July to see how I like them. I also want to try the costco ones, worst case they can be yard duty pants.

Carhartt force tarpen pant tuff, have pockets, 50$ a pair

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR

Have been very happy with these. Very cheap but seem to be well made. They are fairly durable, fit perfect, have some stretch to them, have plenty of pockets, and are very light and breathe able.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree
Good bang for buck on these pants. And a nice traditional fit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blutooth

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Zion stretch in pants and shorts. I love them up to about 65 degrees. After that I find they hold too much heat. I've been wearing the kuhl konfidant air and new radikl (both may be rei exclusives) Both are pricy but have held up extremely well and breath great when it gets hotter outside.

conhawa

Lil-Rokslider
Propper Summerweight tactical pants are my new favorites....order one size up.