Light weight 1-man tent

My vote would also go with the BA Fly Creek UL1. I don't have experience with any other 1 person tents that fit your requirement but, I have a fair amount of experience with the FC and it works very well in just about all conditions with the exception of a big blow. That being said, I would suggest going with the FC 2 or only a few ounces more.

Dorsant

FNG
If you want to be even lighter ditch the actual tent and just use the footprint and rain fly

OP
B

BRWNBR

WKR
I prefer coverage as opposed to a blanket with a pole. I have a Noah's tarp
If I was going to go that route, again. But sideways wind and rain is kinda a bigger where I'll be with this.
Right now the tarp tent moment is my front runner.

Akshphntr

FNG
Try the northface stormbreak 1. A little over 100 bucks and double pole and rei has 1 year full warranty. I just send back by flycreek as it was very unstable, not free standing and thr ceiling sagged. I agree with separate tents aftr several trips with snoring partners that sounded like a chain saw!

worx53

WKR
stratospire 1 or 2, or the new li...cant go wrong. can use trek poles, their pole kit or make some from arrows at like 6 oz. or so...I had answered a post about the arrows somewhere. more room than a fly creek with 2 vestibules and can use just the fly when u want as a single wall shelter at less than 1 pound.

I ve been using Big Agnes copper spur UL 1 for about 3 years now. Mostly early season but did use it in a 4th season hunt in snow ( i set up beneath tree limbs for some cover from the snow, worked well). It is under 3# with poles, stakes, footprint. I love it. Of course the Hillenberg seems better but costs a lot. If you take care of your gear religiously like me, i recommend the copper spur UL 1 person. Had it in hellacious thunderstorms, wind, etc.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think Santa will be bringing me one anytime soon :) I think this would make for a nice (light) winter tent though

Tahoe1305

WKR
Pretty happy with my BA copper spur UL 1 like others have mentioned. A good balance of function weight, and cost. It is also free standing unlike some others that have been mentioned, not sure if that’s a requirement.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Tough to beat this in classifieds...

Fly creek (mentioned a handful of times above) for $175.

Alvie

FNG
I recently got the Marmont Fortrest 2P if it’s made in 1P i would 𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙘𝙠 it out953951F7-2ED5-4174-873D-3501603DB69E.jpeg

Worth it only if you can afford it. I've been using 150 dollar tents for almost a decade with no issues outa three of them. Hard to say that 2000 worth of tents would have been that much better.
Spent alot of nights on exposed kodiak mountains in 80mph winds and never said "man I shoulda spent 600 bucks on this tent!"
Hey, that's not how the cool kids think at all. Get with the program man.

jingalls

Lil-Rokslider
I have some BA gear and really like it. But never had one of the BA tents. I’m buying a new tent for an Alaska Bou hunt. Was going to get a BA Copper Spur UL2 but worried about wind ratings. Some reports of failure in high winds.

I think I’m going with a KUIU 2 man. Anyone have any experience with them?