Light weight 1-man tent

Dust1n

FNG
Im running an MSR NX1 Tent and im very impressed with it. Iv been using it now for a few seasons on multiple Hike in Trips in heavy rain, light snow, extreme wind conditions and its still holding up like new. I took out the extra parts bag and illimnated some weight but at under 2lbs I dont think you can find a more durable, freestanding tent that can take a beating.
The only drawback with a 1P tent is that your gear cant stay inside the tent which is fine because it has a good sized vestivule as long as your not set up in the bottom of a drainage it should be fine. I always stick my glassing seat underneath it at night just for insurance so I dont have to carry around a soaked backpack.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
it appears that the NX1 is identical to the Access 1 I have, except the Access 1 uses less mesh, which is what you’d expect for a 4 season tent. The pole setup looks exactly the same, definitely storm worthy!

grizz19

Lil-Rokslider
Im running an MSR NX1 Tent and im very impressed with it. Iv been using it now for a few seasons on multiple Hike in Trips in heavy rain, light snow, extreme wind conditions and its still holding up like new. I took out the extra parts bag and illimnated some weight but at under 2lbs I dont think you can find a more durable, freestanding tent that can take a beating.
The only drawback with a 1P tent is that your gear cant stay inside the tent which is fine because it has a good sized vestivule as long as your not set up in the bottom of a drainage it should be fine. I always stick my glassing seat underneath it at night just for insurance so I dont have to carry around a soaked backpack.
How much snow do you feel like it could withstand? Looking very hard at this tent and am pretty well sold but haven’t seen much info on how it performs in the snow.

Dust1n

FNG
How much snow do you feel like it could withstand? Looking very hard at this tent and am pretty well sold but haven’t seen much info on how it performs in the snow.
I was out on a trip last weekend and it survived 6” of wet snow. The tent didn’t hold any snow being it shed it.
if your gonna invest in this tent, do it because it can survive stupid wind storms without breaking and the waterproofing is dependant upon you spraying it with layers of coating before your trip.
I would upgrade the spikes they come with, also get a groundsheet for it

grizz19

Lil-Rokslider
I was out on a trip last weekend and it survived 6” of wet snow. The tent didn’t hold any snow being it shed it.
if your gonna invest in this tent, do it because it can survive stupid wind storms without breaking and the waterproofing is dependant upon you spraying it with layers of coating before your trip.
I would upgrade the spikes they come with, also get a groundsheet for it
Awesome sounds good. I appreciate the feedback!