Light weight cots

I spent a month and a half sleeping on the helinox lite cot this summer. I would highly recommend it. I never felt like I was going to break it and I wasn't being especially careful with it. It goes together pretty quickly, I would liken it to the same amount of effort that it takes to inflate a pad.

duckhunterrr

Lil-Rokslider
I tried the Thermarest ultralight version and, while it is comfortable, it’s not the best built thing in the world. I found that I needed to be really careful about how I was laying on it because if I put too much weight in any one spot, I’d touch the ground. Not a huge deal if in a dry environment. However, in tundra or a wetter location, I could see it being problematic.

After a few days in the woods/mountains, my back will start hurting if I can’t find a way to be comfortable laying down for a few hours a day. I tried out the Helinox lite cot or whatever it’s called and I really liked it. I had to sacrifice a little weight, but for me it is worth it because it extends time out hunting by days and I can do more during the day because I wake up feeling good.

For any type of drop camp or base camp situation, even a float trip, I wouldn’t think twice about bringing it. Hell, I’d bring the chair zero, too. Comfort in camp = comfort in the mountains. If you’re still super fresh on day 7 because you sacrificed a little weight to make camp just a hair more comfortable, it’s worth it. I think the chair and the cot are about 4lbs total, maybe a little less with some modifications and leaving the storage sacks at the house. With a 70lb limit, they’d be on my short list.
Do you sleep directly on the helinox or pad on top for insulated reasons? I’m using my this October and want to find out how cold it will be without a pad

Charchar

FNG
I used my Helinox cot one with legs and pad for several weeks. Before that, I tried a few Chinese one from Amazon, all returned due to assemble issues.