Light weight hoody

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
Needing some input on a lightweight hoody. I currently have a c4e hoody and I like it but it's getting worn out. Im looking for a hood with a 1/4 zip. Other features I'd like are thumb holes and a chest or arm pocket would be a bonus but not needed. The fl wick looks nice but no zipper, the kuiu 145 looks good but last I checked they didn't have many sizes. The sitka hoody looks nice to. I'd prefer a solid I think so that does open up options to other brands. Anyone have any experience with Duckworth? Is their green color muted enough to hunt in? Other brands? My last thought is to get the wick and have a zipper added, but not sure the cost or how the final product would turn out. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The Sitka Traverse is a nice piece if it'll be warm enough for you. Really comfortable and durable. Warm, does a good job cutting the wind. I had a no-hood one for years that I wore a lot and sold here and it was in almost new condition. I bought a hooded version on Sierra Trading Post for a song on sale.

ChrisAU

WKR
For next to skin or mid layer? I plan on running either a Kuiu Peloton 97 or 200 hoodie as my mid layer this fall, both are pretty dang light and warm.

keller

WKR
I have the Sitka lw hoody and like it.looks like kuiu 145 has more in stock now.

OP
L

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
Mostly next to skin. I would wear the c4e as my only shirt for the most part. I have a chama that I would use as a mid layer if it gets cold but honestly, in sept I rarely need it if I also have my puffy.

tlkaetz

WKR
The Sitka Core LW Hoody is a great piece. I also have the HW Hoody, but I am not a huge fan of the hood on it.

OP
L

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Sitka lw hoody and like it.looks like kuiu 145 has more in stock now.
I really like the looks of the 145 but they only have black and steel blue in large. Probably not the best for hunting, I feel like black always stands out so much lol

I wear the FL wick, a LOT. I wear the ss t-shirt under my work shirts every day. I wear the hoody as my base layer while in the field. I don't think it could handle a zipper, it's just way too thin.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
The Sitka Traverse is a nice piece if it'll be warm enough for you. Really comfortable and durable. Warm, does a good job cutting the wind. I had a no-hood one for years that I wore a lot and sold here and it was in almost new condition. I bought a hooded version on Sierra Trading Post for a song on sale.
+1
BB.jpg

I have that HW Hoody too and it doesn't seem like it's going to be near as durable as the Traverse. I wouldn't bust brush in it. It is warmer though.

OP
L

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
Make it +2. The Sitka LW is one of my favorite pieces of gear. The Peloton 97 is also quite nice.
Have you ever used the wick or the Duckworth?

For next to skin or mid layer? I plan on running either a Kuiu Peloton 97 or 200 hoodie as my mid layer this fall, both are pretty dang light and warm.
I'm not sold on the Peloton, have 4, the one I wear the most I cut the sleeves off and made sort of a vest to wear under, but I really love FL's wool hoodys

I really like the looks of the 145 but they only have black and steel blue in large. Probably not the best for hunting, I feel like black always stands out so much lol

AND makes you look like a bear when you don't want to look like a bear

1shotgear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sitka Traverse hoody is sweet. It has a 1/4th zip and the four stretch material is super durable agents everything in the back woods.