light weight hunting knives

I spare no expense.

A couple $8 Mora knives and an ultra light 5 dollar sharpener that I might use to touch up the edge, which takes all of about 1 minute is what I use these days. I do have a Havalon that if I remember to put in, I will use it to get the hide off. But primarily, I just use a Mora knife.

Ng2N7Xw.jpg

J25rLyu.jpg

Pabst

Lil-Rokslider
LT Wright Small Northern hunter, excellent ergonomics and blade shape/profile. Only weighs a few ounces.

TheGDog

WKR
Just as an FYI, at my work, as a perk for years of service they gave up to $200. Told my supervisor how I wanted to try to Argali Carbon. Turns out they also sell them on Amazon so he suggested they give me an Amazon gift certificate.

I ordered it, and WHOA! This things cuts like a Lightsaber! So with any luck, hopefully I'll get to try it out this year.

but yeah... like the packaging the shipment came in, such as that adhesive closed bag they always put things in these days? Wow... man! It cut thru that like butter! I was hardly putting any force to the blade!

hunterjmj

WKR
Just as an FYI, at my work, as a perk for years of service they gave up to $200. Told my supervisor how I wanted to try to Argali Carbon. Turns out they also sell them on Amazon so he suggested they give me an Amazon gift certificate.

I ordered it, and WHOA! This things cuts like a Lightsaber! So with any luck, hopefully I'll get to try it out this year.

but yeah... like the packaging the shipment came in, such as that adhesive closed bag they always put things in these days? Wow... man! It cut thru that like butter! I was hardly putting any force to the blade!
I ordered this knife a couple months ago. Been wanting a good knife for some time and this is what I decided to get. Hopefully this year I'll put it use. I normally use a Case med trapper which has worked well for me just wanted a nice fixed blade.

I do like the Rainer fastpak. Very affordable and does good work. However, if the Argali is like a light saber, I’m all in.

Duckman18

FNG
Tyto or Havalon one blade is plenty for deer or bear sized game. pop joints, cape, bone out one blade. have extras

Benchmade Steep Country has been great. Elk, Mule Deer, hogs, whitetail.... I will hit it with a leather strop to touch-up the edge, and it just keeps on going. It's an ounce or two heavier than the skeletonized knives, but I prefer a full grip. Especially in cold weather.