Light weight rifle scopes

I recently picked up a remington 700 in 3006, rifle is super light and handy so im looking to top it with glass that accordingly fits the style.

I've got a ziess v4 that's 23oz but it's being used on my 300 prc and I intend on using that rifle for my elk hunt.

I've never had a bad expeierence with Leopold but I've heard that they have issues. Not anti vortex I do worry about reliablilty with them over leopold. This rifle would be a 6-800 and in rifle. Just need something that tracks good or has a good reticle to hold over.

inkedspot

FNG
Without a price bracket - on the high end you can get a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 BT that will give you ballistic turrets for several ranges for $1400, you can get a Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 BT Plex for $900. Those are both very light weight (15-16oz) good quality scopes. If you move to a SHV or NX8 or Mark 5 Leupold you are going to add 12-14 oz and still be in the $1200-$1500 range.

OP
G
Without a price bracket - on the high end you can get a Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x44 BT that will give you ballistic turrets for several ranges for $1400, you can get a Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 BT Plex for $900. Those are both very light weight (15-16oz) good quality scopes. If you move to a SHV or NX8 or Mark 5 Leupold you are going to add 12-14 oz and still be in the $1200-$1500 range.
Ideally would like to keep it pretty affordable around the 500 range but it never hurts to have quality glass. Just hate to put a 1200 scope on a 500 dollar rifle

That’s what I’m putting on my Kimber mountain ascent 300 win mag. Should be just around 8.25lbs which I think is a good place for a 300wm.

I just got back from Alaska. That scope got the crap kicked out of it between three different airlines, bombing around in trucks and boats. Held zero through all of it. Both my buddy and I killed moose with my rifle. The scope is tough.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just got back from Alaska. That gun got the crap kicked out of it between three different airlines, bombing around in trucks and boats. Held zero through all of it. Both my buddy and I killed moose with my rifle. The scope is tough.
That’s good to know, my rifles get beat on pretty hard since I mostly do float and boat hunts.

I’d been looking for awhile for something to put on that rifle that would help me reach out a bit more. Couldn’t pass up the price on the euro optic sale.

Last edited: