Light weight scope

Joby1

FNG
Just looking for suggestions. What's the best bang for your buck when it comes to light weight scopes? I have a few vortex, they are ok, I have a few night force, they are great but heavy. Swaro, zeiss, leupold? Would be going on a 6.5x284 hunting gun. What are you using?

IMO that absolute best bang for your buck light wt. scope, if you’re not doing any long range hunting, is a Leupold VX-2 3-9x33 UL, or 2-7x33. Otherwise the second best bang for the buck Lt. Wt. would be a Swaro Z3 3-9x36. 9-12 oz. respectively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slick

WKR
2nd.

I have a 2-7x33 on a 7-08 tikka.

Took a goat, elk, and blacktail this year. Light and works. Ps- no dialing

OP
J

Joby1

FNG
Thanks fellas. I normally like a little more power. Most scopes I have are 12 plus. And shooting distances will depend on the ballistics after I start shooting it.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Haven’t looked at one personally but specs look good on maven RS2. 2-10x38 and 12.4 oz. maybe a tad heavier than some others already listed but 10x power gets you some extra yardage. Also if there scope glass is as good as bino they will be a sweet value.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Thinking about it weaver also makes a fairly highly regarded 2-10x38 that is 11oz and about half the price. If you want more zoom and to still shave weight my recommendation would be vortex razor LH 3-15. I own it and love it. Comes in right at 16.5oz if I recall. Great reticles too. Sorry for double post after some more thought.

Wapiti1

WKR
Add the SWFA ultralight to the list. I've heard good things about that scope as well. When I went through this excercise a few years ago I ended up with a Swaro Z3 3-10X42 BRH. I wanted the reticle. Happy with it.

Jeremy

Add the SWFA ultralight to the list. I've heard good things about that scope as well. When I went through this excercise a few years ago I ended up with a Swaro Z3 3-10X42 BRH. I wanted the reticle. Happy with it.

Jeremy

Search threads on here for SWFA. These guys provide pretty convincing recommendations. I just picked a couple up, including the ultralight at 9ish oz.

Won’t have the rifle I’m going to put it on for another week, but the thing is very light and looks like it’s sturdy as a brick shithouse. I’m not sure that the glass is as good as more expensive scopes, but don’t think that’s as critical compared to binos or spotters. Some will argue light transmission, though I don’t know that a 32 mm on 1” tube is going to light up your retina at dawn no matter what.

Many guys are holding out for the mil reticle but I have enough long guns that I’ll just get another when that hits the streets. $250 on sale by the way... worse case I’ll try it out and if doesn’t fit the bill I’ll drop it on one of my beaters.

Grundy53

WKR
Search threads on here for SWFA. These guys provide pretty convincing recommendations. I just picked a couple up, including the ultralight at 9ish oz.

Won’t have the rifle I’m going to put it on for another week, but the thing is very light and looks like it’s sturdy as a brick shithouse. I’m not sure that the glass is as good as more expensive scopes, but don’t think that’s as critical compared to binos or spotters. Some will argue light transmission, though I don’t know that a 32 mm on 1” tube is going to light up your retina at dawn no matter what.

Many guys are holding out for the mil reticle but I have enough long guns that I’ll just get another when that hits the streets. $250 on sale by the way... worse case I’ll try it out and if doesn’t fit the bill I’ll drop it on one of my beaters.
Where do you see them on sale? I just went to their web site and they have it listed at full price. I want one. especially if I can get it for $250. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

$250 was the Black Friday sale price that ended earlier this week.

Yep - I think it’d be worth a phone call to ask if they’d honor the sale price since you missed it. I’ve had luck with begging forgiveness my whole life.

I would second the Vortex Razor LH 3-15. Love that scope. Have it on my Kimber Montana in 280ai for a sheep hunt i'm planning.
also there is another thread on here about lightweight scopes that dial. lots of good info in there.
If you want lighter than 16oz, I'd second the Leupy vx3 as above.

N2TRKYS

WKR

I’m holding out for a regular, or better yet, a wide duplex in their 3-9 offering.

Looks like one just got posted for $275. He’s one of the two guys that forced me into SWFA ownership 🤣.

Buzby

WKR
The Maven, Swaro Z3, SWFA UL, and MeoPro are all great, midrange, lightweight options that I’d be interested in. But I’d like to try some elevation dialing, and none of them are available with an expose turret though. I currently have a vx2 2-7 that has adequate glass and is very light. I’m going to try a leupold S1 turret on it. I have pretty low expectations for it out the gate though.

Motown

WKR
I have played the light scope game for the past few years and have a few VX2's in 3-9 with the LR Duplex as set it and forget scopes. As much as I am a fan of Leupold I would not trust them for dialing and have recently moved to the NF SHV 3-10. The SHV is roughly 7oz heavier than the VX2 but I know that the scope is going to be 100% reliable if I need to dial and that assurance is worth the extra 7oz to me by far!

OP
J

Joby1

FNG
I have a razor lh 3-15 only thing i dont like about it is the turrets are just mush. Havent tested the tracking on it. I keep hearing bad thing about the tracking on the vx-5 also. Thanks for all the info