Light weight sling ?

I made an ultra simple sling which works great. Just 1" webbing which I use combined with a gun bearer.

I still like having a sling vs. gun bearer only, because it's handy as a shooting aid and plenty of times it's nice to just sling it over my shoulder for a big.

Initially set it up adjustable on both sides until I got the general length I liked, then took it somewhere to get one side sewed.

IMG_5173.jpegIMG_5175.jpegIMG_5176.jpeg

elkguide

WKR
Butler Creek bought out Uncle Mike's Mountain sling and sell it as theirs now. Only sling that I will use.

If I'm wearing a pack, then I use the Kifaru gun bearer.

Jimss

WKR
I have a claw sling this fairly inexpensive, lots of padding, and works great. I hate slings that gouge my shoulder and back....the claw doesn't do that with it's nice, nonslip padding.

WLD

FNG
Braided paracord is what I use. I sometimes use a single paracord line. I prefer to hand carry my rifles in the field. Paracord also does a good job of staying put inside my backpack shoulder strap so it doesn't slide off my shoulder.
Great idea with the paracord! I’ve been using a 3/4” webbing strap but your idea would be lighter

hypnolope

FNG
Man! Bummed I haven't found this site sooner, but I guess now I have an excuse to buy more things.

Interested in no-sling concept. Thanks for posts!

MojaveJim

FNG
Not ultra-light weight but a Rifles Only Bungee sling will make any rifle seem 50-60% of it's weight.
The carbine is long enough to carry in the front under bino's "patrol style". Also helps your accuracy if used fundamentally.

KY_coop

Lil-Rokslider
One time i forgot a sling and only had paracord around.. tied it to the buttstock and front of the stock/ handguard. I was hunting whitetail in ky though so didn't have to do alot of walking or anything. I liked it so much its still sitting in my safe with the same knots tied in it. Simple, quiet, and stays out of the way.