Light weight sling ?

txtransplant

Lil-Rokslider
As far as gun slings, I'm a huge fan of Blue Force Gear slings because of the rapid length adjustment. I'm definitely going to check out this Kifaru GunBearer, though. Thanks, @b0nes!

22lr

WKR
Butler Creek has a "ultra lightweight sling" that works really well. I use it, and attach my rifle to my SG pack with the SG quick release sling.

LostArra

WKR
I wanted the Kifaru gun bearer to work for me but it never did.

I use a Montana Bow Sling for my compound and noticed they sell a rifle sling. It's on sale for $20 so I got one.
I don't have long-term use with it but I like it so far. Their install videos need some improvement but it's fairly straightforward. Similar theory to the gun bearer.

I use a Montana Bow Sling for my compound and noticed they sell a rifle sling. It's on sale for $20 so I got one.
I don't have long-term use with it but I like it so far. Their install videos need some improvement but it's fairly straightforward. Similar theory to the gun bearer.

I have this as well and used it this year for the first time. Loved it. The gun is super secure on your pack and easy to get on and off. There's a coupon code out there somewhere, I'll post it if I can find it.

And I agree that the install videos are not that great.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR

Update on the Slik Sling. I used it for a week on my consolation elk hunt. It worked great. Granted, I have a lightweight rifle but having all of it supported on the pack belt rather than a shoulder makes a difference. Hands-free carry made quick glassing easy.

The webbing clip they provide was lost early in the hunt but running the barrel strap thru the stretch webbing on my pack shoulder strap that holds my hydration tube worked a lot better anyway.

ID_Matt

WKR

I just got one of these to try out and compare to my kifaru gun bearer. So far it feels awesome. I like that the gun is tucked out of your vision, which was my 1 complaint with the kifaru.

Seeknelk

WKR
I just got one of these to try out and compare to my kifaru gun bearer. So far it feels awesome. I like that the gun is tucked out of your vision, which was my 1 complaint with the kifaru.
Is it as quick and handy as the kifaru? I've walked up on a bull at 60 yards and had my gun out ,scope covers off and bull dead in a few seconds.
The barrel out of sight would be nice for sure. Also I hunt grizz country most of the time so im not going to strap it to my pack.

ID_Matt

WKR
Is it as quick and handy as the kifaru? I've walked up on a bull at 60 yards and had my gun out ,scope covers off and bull dead in a few seconds.
The barrel out of sight would be nice for sure. Also I hunt grizz country most of the time so im not going to strap it to my pack.
It is awful quick. Enough that i didn’t worry about it when switching. If you timed it, it may be 2 seconds slower but it’s about the same.

Neumie

FNG
I’m going to try the slik sling as well. I wonder if it could carry the rifle in front if you wanted?

Kifaru gun bearer is great.

Sometimes I still have a very basic sling even using the gun bearer (like thin webbing or paracord). It’s just handier if you’re in a situation where you might leave your pack

Neumie

FNG
Update on the Slik Sling. I used it for a week on my consolation elk hunt. It worked great. Granted, I have a lightweight rifle but having all of it supported on the pack belt rather than a shoulder makes a difference. Hands-free carry made quick glassing easy.

The webbing clip they provide was lost early in the hunt but running the barrel strap thru the stretch webbing on my pack shoulder strap that holds my hydration tube worked a lot better anyway.
I picked one up, can’t wait to give it a try! Thanks for sharing.