lighted nocks

I've made weighted practice nocks by epoxying a short piece of 1/8" diameter steel rod inside an unlighted nock. After a little trial and error to find the right rod length, I've been able to get my unlighted practice nocks within a half grain of my lighted nocks.IMG_20190621_144653427.jpgIMG_20190621_144734721.jpg

KHNC

WKR
Firenock is the only company with a topnotch QUALITY product. Precision fit, matched wt practice nocks, replaceable 3 year battery and lifetime warranty. i shoot them out to 100 yds with zero issues along with practice nock. Same impact points. Just spend the money and get the right product. The quality makes it worth the price.

Firenock is the only company with a topnotch QUALITY product. Precision fit, matched wt practice nocks, replaceable 3 year battery and lifetime warranty. i shoot them out to 100 yds with zero issues along with practice nock. Same impact points. Just spend the money and get the right product. The quality makes it worth the price.

Agreed. I switched to Firenocks last year after being disappointed by Nockturnals (multiple broken nock ears after repeated shooting, some very dim lights). The only downside I see to Firenocks is the need to glue a bushing inside the nock end of the arrow. I like to use Gold Tip FACT weights to fine tune arrow weight and FOC. The Firenock bushing makes it impossible to add/remove FACT weights through the end of the arrow. I use heat reversible glue on my inserts, so I can pull the insert, add/remove weights, and reglue, but that wouldn't be an option for anyone using permanent adhesive on their inserts. But that's a minor inconvenience that can be worked around in order to use what I believe is the best lighted nock on the market.

KHNC

WKR
Agreed. I switched to Firenocks last year after being disappointed by Nockturnals (multiple broken nock ears after repeated shooting, some very dim lights). The only downside I see to Firenocks is the need to glue a bushing inside the nock end of the arrow. I like to use Gold Tip FACT weights to fine tune arrow weight and FOC. The Firenock bushing makes it impossible to add/remove FACT weights through the end of the arrow. I use heat reversible glue on my inserts, so I can pull the insert, add/remove weights, and reglue, but that wouldn't be an option for anyone using permanent adhesive on their inserts. But that's a minor inconvenience that can be worked around in order to use what I believe is the best lighted nock on the market.
You can request battery holders on the circuit that eliminate the need to glue in the shock stopper bushing. If you only use the actual circuit for hunting, it is not really needed. I dont glue them in any of my hunting arrows. oNly for target arrows that get a beating shot after shot with target circuits. These turn off after 17 seconds.

I tried nockturnals. Got tired having to use a tiny tool to turn them off every time I finished shooting. Also throws me off in low light conditions. They actually glowed so bright that after my first shot I couldn’t focus on the bullseye any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Txhunter85

Lil-Rokslider
So when you guys are practicing are you shooting your lighted nocks or do you put them on before you go hunt? I have not found a non lighted nock that weighs anywhere near the same as a Lighted nock. I have never run lighted nocks for this reason. But I do like the idea of it.

Give me some insight on this.

Thanks guys.
I dedicate my lighted knocks from last season as my practice knocks for this off season. Long story short I always practice with lighted knocks. I am ok with eating the cost on the lighted knocks for practice. I Practice with what I will be using with the exception of actual broad heads vs field tips

For the firenocks (which I love most aspects of) I have had a few of the shock end cap bushings pop out, ruin the battery, and cause a pain in the butt to try and get the bushing out. What glue do you use to put them in? I tried gorilla glue gel, but that's been breaking. Do you use the glue firenock offers? Something better?

Also, anyone try the Launchpad lighted nocks? They have some mixed reviews on amazon. They are only 18 grains (vs the 27 for firenocks) and I got the bead on a deal for them, but folks say they break often or are dim.

For the firenocks (which I love most aspects of) I have had a few of the shock end cap bushings pop out, ruin the battery, and cause a pain in the butt to try and get the bushing out. What glue do you use to put them in? I tried gorilla glue gel, but that's been breaking. Do you use the glue firenock offers? Something better?

I also used Gorilla Glue gel to secure my Firenock bushings. Prior to gluing, I prepped the inside of the arrow with an acetone-soaked cotton swab followed by a dry swab. I haven't had any bushings come loose in the year or so since I installed them. I salvaged one bushing out of a ruined arrow, and the glue was still holding very well. It took a good bit of work with pliers then a file to get all the carbon and glue residue off the salvaged bushing.