Lighten up 6.7 powerstroke in Boise

Clarktar

WKR
If you have a diesel made between ~2008-2013 sell it. Deleting a pickup because the specific place you live doesn’t test *yet* is a shortsighted gamble, and it could end up costing you a lot more. It’s less headache to just get something with a newer, more reliable emissions system, or older less cumbersome system.

That eliminates your risk of been heavily fined, taken out of service immediately, or both.

Just one random guys opinion, of course, but I practice what I preach. If I move on from my 5.9, I’ll be looking mostly at gassers.
Yep, when my '99 5.9 dies (which I think will be due to ecm on motor) I'll go with a gasser unless I find a mint 5.9.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Like2hunt

Lil-Rokslider
My old bosses 6.7 is tuned and deleted. I can tell the power difference, especially while pulling a trailer. On one of my last jobs some idiot came up on the side of us and tried to race. Needless to say we killed him, while pulling a loaded trailer. You’ve got about 3 decent options: either find a shop or local guy that will do it and take good care of ya (there’s still some left), get a older truck before they put all that stuff on them, or do it yourself.

More reliable according to whom? When I researched models going back years my main conclusion was: the more they complicate the system, the more they screw it up. And the EPA/feds force them to keep modifying the systems. Based on your theory, it also seemingly is good business practice to produce an unreliable, mega-expensive product because the consumer will....choose to replace it with the newer, more expensive, more complicated iteration. And the beat goes on.

UMMM.....no thanks. Hoping to wring a few more years out of my 97. Getting ready to tear it apart for a major (likely final) overhaul.

It’s not a theory, it’s my direct experience driving diesels from basically every make and model year thousands of miles for work for well over a decade. The newer ones aren’t perfect, but they aren’t exactly the timebomb they were 8 years ago either. You can delete if you want, but just because your area doesn’t test doesn’t mean they won’t.

Also, if you drive a 97 nothing in my comment pertains to you. As I said, other option is go older.

FLATHEAD

WKR
I have a 2016 sitting in my drive with 45K miles.
Been trying to decide what to do with it for a year or so now.
It has let me down twice on long trips with exploding batteries
and the DEF pump going out.
Those things will ruin a good trip.
Nice truck, I just cant trust it anymore. Was thinking of doing
the delete/tune but hate to trade for something even more
complicated, unreliable. Thinking I just need to sell it now.