Lighter Archery Elk Binos

Maven b3 8x30. Phenomenal binos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1
I’ve got them in 6x30. It’s not quite an apples to apples comparison but they hold their own against my Zeiss Conquest 8x40. Neither are “alpha” but I think they stop at the right spot on the road to the point of diminishing returns.

nphunter

WKR
Not sure what your range finder situation is but I’m using a Razor 4000 and it has 7X glass and has a very good image. A lot of times in thick cover I chose not pack binos and just carry my range finder.

Another good option is a Vortex Razor Bino’s at 26oz. Image is very close to the Meostar with a lot of weight savings. I have 15x meostars and have contemplated selling the Razors to try some 10’s Meostars but feel like I’d regret it due to the small amount of image quality compared to the large weight penalty.

OP
G
Thanks for all the great suggestions. I think what I'd like to do is find a deal on the Nikon HG 10x42s to compare with my Meoptas. I'd stay in the same class and lose a half pound. I don't think I'll ever get rid of the Meoptas though

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I have swaro cl 8x30 and vortex razor hd 8x42. I’ve been using them side by side in all conditions to compare but also asking people I’m with to do the same. I was concerned that I’d give something up going with smaller objective, but after a few months of comparisons everyone says the swaros are clearer and brighter in all conditions. I also just find them better to look through and I don’t have to fight to find the sweet spot like I do with the vortex.

OspreyZB

Lil-Rokslider
Cabela's has been clearing out their Euro HD (meostar b1.1) binoculars. The website is currently showing 10x32 available, but the 8x32 has been coming in and out of stock too if you keep an eye out. Over 10 ounces lighter than your 10x42 and you won't be giving up that wonderful meostar image.

I just picked up the 12x50 and they're fantastic.

Last edited: