Lighter than my Crocs & actually useful...

slim9300

WKR
My wife got me these for Christmas as one of my presents. My size 12 are 3.3 ounces lighter than my Crocs and now I have something that doesn't destroy my feet with heavier use or creek/river crossings. I was thinking they could be good for stalking bedded Muley's in August if I ever do that too.

Apparently they come in hunters orange too. ;

pu5ehe4a.jpg

http://www.newbalance.com/Minimus-Z...T00_color=Black_with_Blue&start=2&cgid=101200

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Sweet Slim!

Looks like a great final-stalk shoe.

My wife got me Brooks Pure Grits for Christmas, and I thought they would do for stalks as well (10 ounces for m8.5)

been running in these for about 3 months now, was thinking they'd be great in the water

edit: and for your thoughts of a stalking shoe, you can definitely "feel" through them : poor feet:

swat8888

WKR
I have some all rubber minimalist shoes too, problem is the sole is so thin it hurts like hell on sharp little rocks. For sheep hunts its still worth the weight savings over crocs, the pure grits, merrells or NB look pretty nice for a little more weight.

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider
I am sure glad I made the swap to LW trail runners this past fall, one of my hunting buddies picked me up a set of NB and now I wont go back. Crocs have tried to kill me more than once, when the little tread they do have is worn off they are down right dangerous and now I wont were them anywhere but in the house our cabin. My last injury due to wearing crocs ended up looking like someone smacked me in the shin with a sledge hammer and my shoulder still isn't back to normal.

DaveS

Lil-Rokslider
I used a pair of NB Minumus for camp shoes this season. They are very comfortable and dry quickly. I use them as my workout shoes and wore them while training with a heavy pack until the paths got covered with ice and snow (they don't work as well as boots with Kahtoola Microspikes).

I like those Slim. Definately look like they would be more secure on foot in water compared to crocs.

These are exactly what I took with me on my backpack trips this past summer/fall, work great, and it always feels better when you can get your boots off and relax around camp.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Yep. And they "filter" out those annoying rocks and sand that love to get into the large holes in your Crocs.

I'm afraid they still don't filter out much....any stream crossing will fill a pair of shoes in a hurry regardless, atleast thats my experience this past summer/fall with those same shoes...

OP
slim9300

slim9300

WKR
I'm afraid they still don't filter out much....any stream crossing will fill a pair of shoes in a hurry regardless, atleast thats my experience this past summer/fall with those same shoes...

They have to do better than my Crocs which let in "large" rocks that destroy my feet. There are no holes in the material bigger than a needle on the shoe. Does the debris come in the top or something? Did you synch them down tight?

tradair1980

Lil-Rokslider
I look at.those at foot locker last Friday they have them on sale for 39.00 and was thinking of going in to get them just might.now !

luke moffat

Super Moderator
They have to do better than my Crocs which let in "large" rocks that destroy my feet. There are no holes in the material bigger than a needle on the shoe. Does the debris come in the top or something? Did you synch them down tight?

Yes it comes in from the top. My Salomons do a better job at keeping rocks out than these do, but even those even up with a LOT of rocks under foot after crossing substantial creek/rivers that require 50 yard long crossings of braids in glacial streams. For the record super cold feet from the glacier water and rocks is an experience everyone should have. :D