Lightest camp shoe?

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
I’m curious if there’s an option that can double as a camp shoe and stalking shoe that is as light as possible...getting double duty out of a second pair of shoes if you’re packing them all the way in sure would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check out the Merrell Vapor Glove line. Lightweight and thin felixble soles that work well for stalking.

7layerburrito

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Probably not gonna be popular with the masses but I've worn Birkenstock EVA Arizonas the last couple years, they weigh 8oz a pair, are tough as hell and break in nice. Great for airing out feet and socks, big on comfort, not good for any water crossing, and forty bucks a pair which might be too much for some. At least they last a long time, made in Germany.

Stalker69

WKR
Look at hey dudes, they are real light weight and very comfortable. I much prefer them to crocs or anything like that.

pirogue

WKR
Looks like some think of a light camp shoe as one included in a truck camp, rather than a backpack camp

Stalker69

WKR
I don’t use “ camp” shoes on a back country hunt. Nothing saying you can’t if you want to pack them. Hey Dude shoes are light enough and can compress pretty flat.

Those hey dudes are 5.5oz for both?? Those might be winning so far nice find. With the lace tops they could probably even service as a stalking shoe if they’re quiet.

Alright, I'm having a hard time believing that there's a pair of "real" shoes out there that only weigh 5.5 oz./pair. Assuming they are also made to fit someone other than an infant, can someone please post up a link to these camp shoes?

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
Nobody knows which hey dudes are actually the lightest? Might have to give some a go, but there’s so many choices
I have the Willy Sox I believe in Black...I’ll throw em on the scale here in a bit and post the weight of the pair.

Bumpr1080

FNG
I think the rubber/plastic is just better for a camp shoe. regardless of weight, the croc evening relaxation is hard to beat.

Catchfish

WKR
I used to do a pair of flip flops, because I normally wanted to be out of socks as well. I have since switched to the Walmart croc imitation because there was times where I wanted my socks on around camp. Now I don’t like those for water crossings and I’m thinking about going to a strapped sandle just haven’t started researching yet.

Been looking into the fitkicks, sockwa options, and skinner socks, as well as the hmiya water shoes on Amazon. I might check out the fitkicks and hmiya because the prices are right. The breathable version of the sockwas are interesting but seem spendy for what they are.

Been looking into the fitkicks, sockwa options, and skinner socks, as well as the hmiya water shoes on Amazon. I might check out the fitkicks and hmiya because the prices are right. The breathable version of the sockwas are interesting but seem spendy for what they are.

Pretty interested in all these as well so please post what you end up with! The skinners seem too good to be true...but if they work they’d be an awesome do it all option