lightest climbing sticks

I am looking for the lightest climbing sticks on the market. I'm a saddle hunter and as of now I use the hawk helium climbing sticks. I find when walking long distances that the only thing that bothers me are the hawk sticks. I like hawks climbing sticks and feel very secure when climbing on them but would like some that are lighter. what's yall's opinions?

WoodBow

WKR
If you hunt where drilling is legal, a treehopper drill and bolts are the lightest and most compact system. Some folks even use carbon bolts.

Sorry I can't help with sticks. I'm too poor to look at the light weight ones these days!

LostArra

WKR
You can lighten the sticks a little by doing the rope mod and eliminating the strap buckle.
I actually like setting the sticks with a rope better than the buckle/strap.

Tethrd One sticks are the lightest im aware of but there seems to be a number of complaints about them if you do some research.

Lone Wolf Custom Gear makes very light sticks but there seem to be compromises there as well. Either single steps or how secure they are on the tree with the double step option.

Shikars, beast sticks, or EWO are popular and a bit lighter than heliums.

I haven't been unhappy enough with 20" heliums going buckleless to spend the cash on anything else.

Jbow387

FNG
Wild edge steppladder. Tried some hawk heliums several times but always go back to the stepps. i have 10 and gets me high as I need. They sell a “knaider and swaider” that you can cut the amount of steps in half, but I have yet to see the need.

rsw669961

FNG
Hawk sticks is what I like. Not the lightest but works for me. I have both the 20" and 30".

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Macintosh

WKR
Tethrd ONE and Timber ninja c1 weigh the same (16 ounces per stick not including how you attach it to the tree), and are the lightest out there I could find by a pretty decent margin. Beast minis, novix minis, shikar, EWO, lwcg and some others will all be around 28 ounces per stick not including attachment.
regardless, First step is to ditch the buckle straps on your sticks and try a rope mod or amsteel and you’ll save a couple pounds right there.
i tried one sticking for a season and got reasonably proficient at it, it is lighter than any of the above but I went back to sticks as I felt it was quieter and less movement, which I prefer setting up close to bedding. Worth looking into although when you add in the weight of even a light weight rappel rope, descender, etc the weight savings isnt as much as some folks make it out to be. lack of bulk carrying was pretty nice though.

i posted some feedback recently on the c1 sticks here if its helpful. I had a hard time finding much firsthand info on some of the sticks I was looking at including these.

Last edited: