Lightest Digiscope Setup?

tdot

WKR
Planning an upcoming solo mountain hunt. I'm generally cutting weight by leaving things at home. But the one thing I've decided to add is a Digiscope setup. I like the style of the Outdoorsman/Phone Skope, as opposed to a double gripper. I'm ok with losing some versatility as I tend to keep my gear for along time.

I would need to fit binos and a spotter, Samsung phone.

Any tips or suggestions?

jjolg

FNG
Did you get the specific attachment for each optic or the universal? Im trying to decide if the separate pieces are better or not... I tried the phoneskope universal and found it not to hold very well

My only experience is with the Phoneskopes, but I've had several for the various size iphones that I've had the last 4-5 years, and they've all worked well and are pretty light wt. The one recommendation I would make is, only buy the eyepiece adapter to fit your scope (not the universal adapter). I initially bought the universal adapter thinking that I would use it with both my spotter and binos, but it ended up being much more hastel than what it was worth and I never used it with my binos anyway as it was just too much of a PITA. My current Phoneskope, with everything weighs 2.2 oz.

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
Did you get the specific attachment for each optic or the universal? Im trying to decide if the separate pieces are better or not... I tried the phoneskope universal and found it not to hold very well

I got the universal adapter because I know I’ll be upgrading my spotter in the near future. It works great on my spotter and binos. If not going with a universal adapter, I’m sure the other brands out there work great as well.

I did try the double gripper but returned it. It was a PITA for me. I know a lot of people like them. I just didn’t have success with it

j33

WKR
Bumping this old thread. Phoneskope & the actual eyepiece adapter for the current spotter is still the best solution? Need a new one for my 553 so wanna get the right one from day 1.

Bumping this old thread. Phoneskope & the actual eyepiece adapter for the current spotter is still the best solution? Need a new one for my 553 so wanna get the right one from day 1.

That’s the exact set up I use for goat hunts, and it’s the lightest digiscoping set up I have.
b3bb13da633a65c14a23e5a40108b361.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: j33
Outdoorsman setup works great for me. Very light. Simple. Samsong and swaro stx.

If they have one that fits your eyepiece I highly suggest it.