Lightest game bags??

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Been vacuum sealing my pillow cases for a few years now, works great! Thinking of cutting my cases down a bit to save weight now that I’m reading this. Always a lot of wasted space in them.

j33

WKR
48” Alaskan Game bags off Amazon are 1.85oz per bag. Pretty darn light. I compress them in a zip lock bag (put knees on bag while closing) with my whole kill kit (tags, Havalon, paracord, etc). Easy access if needed and compresses up very good.

Kuiu medium are 3.1oz and large is 4.5oz. I haven’t seen anything the same size as an Alaskan game bag that’s as light? I’m day hunting so don’t need the durability of a synthetic bag, which I keep a few at the truck anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
Likely the lightest, most compact game bags available you can pick up at Walmart for around $3.00 each. I cut them to size and get several legs or meat parts from each bag. They are somewhat fragile so you just have to be super careful with them....but they work very well.

I've got 6 animals through one set of JimmyTarps boned out bags.

Well, that's not completely true, a grizzly did get one bag that I had to replace.

WVELK

FNG
I bought some bone out meat bags from member Felix40 who makes them. They way just over 7 oz for 4 in their storage pouch I think. I used them on 2 deer so far and have no complaints.

How do I reach him? I don’t think I can PM yet, still in the 10 day jail for new members waiting get out of jail card :)

UtahJimmy

WKR
How do I reach him? I don’t think I can PM yet, still in the 10 day jail for new members waiting get out of jail card :)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Likely the lightest, most compact game bags available you can pick up at Walmart for around $3.00 each. I cut them to size and get several legs or meat parts from each bag. They are somewhat fragile so you just have to be super careful with them....but they work very well.

Yeah but those cheese cloth cotton bags are junk. They are so fragile you can snag them easily. I've seen them stretched to the limit to where flies got through.

I've been using the very thin synthetic bags; Tag, Caribou....and you can wash and reuse many times. About the only disadvantage is they don't breath as well as the cotton bags....though I haven't had any problems.

The Syn bags are more expensive...and it sucks when you don't get them back after sharing meat....as that seems to happen a lot.

Last edited:

Block

WKR
I’m surprised more people don’t use the Kifaru game bags. 1 oz,,, waterproof,, washable.. A deboned mule deer fits perfect into 2 of them... not a drop of blood has got thru them in my pack and Iv used them on 4 deer..LOVE them,,,

j3h8

FNG
Has anyone tried out the Graksaw bags? Curious as to the durability. I know Gritty has stated they aren't very abrasion resistant.

i have used a lot of different game bags over the years, right now i have some kuiu quarter bags, viam, black ovis, and caribou. the caribou are my favorite, black ovis my least favorite of what i have. the viam bags are the lightest, and most fragile. black ovis bags started tearing after a couple years.

not sure on longevity, but the argali bags seem like the perfect game bag material.... really impressed by them so far and will be getting some. they seem like they'll hold up, they breath well and are almost as light as the viam bags, but not as fragile.

TheGDog

WKR
Kifaru's Meat Bags are cool. Don't weigh anything. Basically like strong tent material. And boned-out a Mule deer apprx 180-200 Lbs on the hoof. The Meat all fit in the Kifaru bag, the hide and head I put in one of those Alaskan Game Bags just because the cotton can stretch a lot, so I stretch it around the antlers and I can zip-tie it up like that so it won't fall off.

Hoghead

WKR
I had a kuiu game bag for 6 months and it went to crap on me. Wore through after 3 deer and a few hogs. Contacted kuiu and they wouldn't warranty it. They talk about customer service and warranty but don't follow through. I ended up getting the aragali game bags and so far they have been great. I have only had 2 hogs in them so far but they are light and breath well. I hope they last. I admit I'm not easy on my gear but when I pay top dollar I expect good quality.
e66e7a02bf002508291f2ef3c924b8b4.jpg
97124be9f0d000332df9463703c9df68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I had a kuiu game bag for 6 months and it went to crap on me. Wore through after 3 deer and a few hogs. Contacted kuiu and they wouldn't warranty it. They talk about customer service and warranty but don't follow through. I ended up getting the aragali game bags and so far they have been great. I have only had 2 hogs in them so far but they are light and breath well. I hope they last. I admit I'm not easy on my gear but when I pay top dollar I expect good quality.
e66e7a02bf002508291f2ef3c924b8b4.jpg
97124be9f0d000332df9463703c9df68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I'm curious how those holes got in the Kuiu. They don't look like material defects or a warranty issue to me. They look like wear or chew holes. Just curious, I have Kuiu, TAG, Caribou, Black Ovis and Allen backcountry and have never seen a hole like that in one of them. Come to think of it none of them have any holes and been using them since 2012 with 2-7 animals per year packed. Kuiu did warranty one of the zippered bags that ripped where the top of the handle attaches, let me keep the old bag too.
I haven't tried the Argalli but I am interested in them whenever I need more bags.