Lightest game bags??

Moehunt

FNG
Wondering what folks are packing for ultralight game bags?? I bought some Black Ovis elk size last season but wondering about other options.

I bought some bone out meat bags from member Felix40 who makes them. They way just over 7 oz for 4 in their storage pouch I think. I used them on 2 deer so far and have no complaints.

rj2

WKR
I think viam were the lightest I saw, but I went with argali

KineKilla

WKR
I have the BlackOvis deer sized ones and they don't seem heavy at all. Way lighter than the 4 pack of Alaska Game Bags (elk size) I used to carry all over. I may get their elk sized ones and swap between them as needed, I was quite impressed how well they held up and cleaned up afterwards.

tdot

WKR
I went thru this awhile ago. Alot of the light bags are just simply smaller. There wasn't one that I found that seemed to use noticeably lighter material. I ended up with the Argali game bags. One deer and one bear so far and I've been pretty happy.

JohnnyB

WKR
I went thru this awhile ago. Alot of the light bags are just simply smaller. There wasn't one that I found that seemed to use noticeably lighter material. I ended up with the Argali game bags. One deer and one bear so far and I've been pretty happy.
Where the bags adequately sized for the bear?

tdot

WKR
Where the bags adequately sized for the bear?

Yes, they were good. 250 pound boar. Bone in hind quarters, each into a single bag, front quarters into a bag together, backstraps, loins and neck into a 4th and then cleaned the rest of the meat, ribs, etc. Into the 5th game bag. Only bag that was full was the one with 2 front quarters.

OP
M

Moehunt

FNG
I have the BlackOvis deer sized ones and they don't seem heavy at all. Way lighter than the 4 pack of Alaska Game Bags (elk size) I used to carry all over. I may get their elk sized ones and swap between them as needed, I was quite impressed how well they held up and cleaned up afterwards.

OP
M

Moehunt

FNG
Yes me too AK game bags stay in the truck now and felt like I cut a fat hog with black ovis bags by comparison. Used them on an elk pack out last year and I was pleasantly satisfied with how they held up. Still at a 1 pound plus if you ditch the extras, I’d be happy to pack less for equal or better quality.

Lightest
Tags or those Grakshaw* ones that Gritty uses.
I’ve had good luck with the caribou game bags.

Can hang off of the para cord draw strings and have reflective strips on them.
Wapiti bags kit and the Carnivore 3 have been great for me.

Tag bags are 10 ounces for the set of 5 versus my old pillow case cotton style that weighed over 2 pounds. They wash up nice, have good draw strings and as well as a nice mesh bag tbey are contained in.

What about packed size for them?
Does anyone know how TAG vs Caribou vs Black ovis vs argarli compare in packability?

I can fit each kit caribou kit above in a med zip Kuiu dry bag. I can dig up weights if you are curious but I know the caribou’s aren’t the lightest on the market.

It's visible through the bag and I keep my license separate. No issues.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk