lightest rifle scope with abilty to count points at 300-500 yards

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Washington, I mostly hunt mule deer and Roosevelt elk. Both of these hunts are usually 3 point or better. Meaning the animal has to have 3 antlers over 1" on one side. So my question is what's the lightest scope i can put on my gun that will let me confirm that. I have binos and spotter ( both vortex razor). I am obviously going to use the spotter to check out animals when I can, but often that's not a option. Even after I have found legal buck in the spotter, or with the binos I really like to be able to confirm that in the scope, often i get a 3pt and 2 pt running together so best just to be sure before pulling that trigger. I currently have a vortex diamondback hp 4-16x 44m. its not quite clear enough to see points at a 300 reliability. scope will likely be on a 280AI 110 ultralight. also the scope has to track when you dial. so...

what is the lightest scope to count points at 300yards? 400yards? 500 yards?- (maybe 500 is asking too much but worth a shot).
currently looking at
leupold vx3i 4.5-14 x 40 with side focus 15oz ( i could save 2oz Without paralax but I think i need the side focus?)
swaro z5 4-18x44 16oz
I am biased toward the Leopold cause is 1000 cheaper and lifetime warranty.

Fish_on!

FNG
I have the Vx3 4.5-14 side focus. I am happy with its performance and haven’t had any zeroing issues. I am shoot a 270.

I live in Washington, I mostly hunt mule deer and Roosevelt elk. Both of these hunts are usually 3 point or better. Meaning the animal has to have 3 antlers over 1" on one side. So my question is what's the lightest scope i can put on my gun that will let me confirm that. I have binos and spotter ( both vortex razor). I am obviously going to use the spotter to check out animals when I can, but often that's not a option. Even after I have found legal buck in the spotter, or with the binos I really like to be able to confirm that in the scope, often i get a 3pt and 2 pt running together so best just to be sure before pulling that trigger. I currently have a vortex diamondback hp 4-16x 44m. its not quite clear enough to see points at a 300 reliability. scope will likely be on a 280AI 110 ultralight. also the scope has to track when you dial. so...

what is the lightest scope to count points at 300yards? 400yards? 500 yards?- (maybe 500 is asking too much but worth a shot).
currently looking at
leupold vx3i 4.5-14 x 40 with side focus 15oz ( i could save 2oz Without paralax but I think i need the side focus?)
swaro z5 4-18x44 16oz
I am biased toward the Leopold cause is 1000 cheaper and lifetime warranty.

Swaro's warranty is limited lifetime against manufacturing defects.

Tube diameter generally goes to

>Bigger diameter internal lenses
>Range of adjustment

Larger diameter lenses will transmit light more efficiently for a better quality image, but not all 30mm tubes will use the space for larger diameter lenses.

KyleM4130

Lil-Rokslider
March 3-24x42. Lightweight at 24 ounces and super clear. A lot of magnification in a small package.

I’m more worried I fall and hit the scope and crack it than Anything else, that would not be covered , correct ?
Doesn't sound like a manufacturers defect. They'd fix it, just not for free.

I mean, if you want to be able to abuse the scope consequence free they're probably not your best bet.

kickemall

WKR
I’m more worried I fall and hit the scope and crack it than Anything else, that would not be covered , correct ?
If thats part of your criteria then a Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x42 would be my recommendation. I'm not a Vortex fan but that one is a solid scope and their warranty covers the owners screw ups also. I wouldn't trust a VX3i to dependably dial.

Fish_on!

FNG
How far do you think you could see an eye guard from With the scope ?

I am from wa as well but I hunt the wet side so I haven’t really had to determine 1” eye guards in the field with it. Typically a bow hunter for elk and mainly use it in MT where you are not shooting any legal buck like WA. I had the equivalent cost vortex to start and it was garbage compared to the VX3 in clarity and how bright it was. I’m guessing the 14 power will get you a good view out to 400 to 500 yards to tell it has enough points but anything close to 1” may be difficult to call. I use the standard moa dial and not the cds.