lightweight amazon cot 3.3lbs

byz250f

FNG
Looking at some of the 3-4lb cots for an elk hunt this fall. We are taking in a wall tent with horses but I still dont want a 10-20lb tent. In case I ever want to backpack this cot in I could do so if its reasonably light. Been looking at the two cots below. Wondering if anyone has used one of these.

Amazon.com: YAHILL Ultralight Folding Camping Cot Sleeping Portable Backpack Tent Bed Replacements Aluminium Alloy for Indoor Furniture Outdoor Travel Hiking Fishing Hunting (Grey -1st Generation): Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com: Ultralight Folding Tent Camping Cot Bed, Portable Compact for Outdoor Travel, Base Camp, Hiking, Mountaineering, Lightweight Backpacking (Grey): Sports & Outdoors

I bought he second of the two that you have linked. We actually bought 4 of them for an upcoming moose hunt, and so far they have been good. The few times we have tried them. A little loud when rolling around, but they are just getting broken in. And hopefully not broken. So far we have been pretty impressed for money and the weight. Hopefully they remain as good as they have been so far.

OP
B

byz250f

FNG
I bought he second of the two that you have linked. We actually bought 4 of them for an upcoming moose hunt, and so far they have been good. The few times we have tried them. A little loud when rolling around, but they are just getting broken in. And hopefully not broken. So far we have been pretty impressed for money and the weight. Hopefully they remain as good as they have been so far.

Thanks man...I Just ordered the second one!! Hope it works as well as yours did. I will post up how I like it once it comes in.

OP
B

byz250f

FNG

I got the marchway cot...awesome, easy to go together, looks legit. I took a nap on it last night lol...worked good. Thanks for recommendation. I hope it works well on a 10 day elk tip this fall!

Wizbang

FNG
Girlfriend and I just used an identical cot to the first one you posted, very comfortable, girlfriend couldn't quit talking about how great she slept. Here's a link to the same cot design under a different name for damned near half the price.

Amazon.com: Ultralight Portable Folding Single Camp Bed Travel Cot Tent Bed,Aluminium Alloy Metal Frame,Max. Load: 220lbs,Outdoor Camping Hiking Fishing Beds with Storage Bag,For Adult or Kids: Automotive

Has anyone used this cot in colder temps? Wondering if you would need to pack a closed cell foam pad to put on top. Or???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aaen

Lil-Rokslider
Yes you will need insulation best to pair with a air mattress.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Wizbang

FNG
Yes you will need insulation best to pair with a air mattress.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Wouldn’t the air in the pad get colder because it has that air flow underneath? Also wouldn’t an air pad slide around on top of the cot?

What flow of air? Is it being used without a tent and you're referring to wind?

The cold ground will pull much more warmth from the pad, than the pad being on a cot.

Wizbang

FNG
What flow of air? Is it being used without a tent and you're referring to wind?

The cold ground will pull much more warmth from the pad, than the pad being on a cot.

It would be used in a floor less shelter. Just assumed that 10 degree air flowing under you might chill the air in a pad. As to if you are on the ground there has to be some insulating properties in that right? Kind of like a animal bed being warm. Just the way I’m looking at it. Might be wrong.

rayporter

WKR
a lot will depend on how you sleep, but for me i need a closed cell on top of the air pad -even on a cot. i have used a closed cell pad alone on a cot and been ok. many air pads just dont come near the R rating on them.

test now while it is cold so you know.

i find those low cots very hard to get out of in the middle of the night. so much so that i got rid of mine.

Sawtoothsteve

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Marchway cot you linked and it has survived two Alaskan moose hunts. An insulated air paid and closed cell pad that doubles as sitting pad during the day has worked for me. My experience is the cot will sleep colder than dry ground due to airflow, but also kept me out of the swampy Alaskan mud.