lightweight ball or pan head for spotting scope

Indyal

Lil-Rokslider
I plan to take my Vortex Razor 85mm spotting scope ( 4 lb, 1 oz) on my sheep hunt and looking for a lightweight head. My current panhead weighs 1 lb
Any suggestions appreciated.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I would want some type of pan head. In the cheaper options, the Manfrotto Befree fluid head is 12ish oz and $99. It’s not perfect but I’ve used it with pretty good success.
In the higher end stuff, there are several outdoorsmans heads that come in well under a pound. These are top end heads and top end prices.
Pistol grip- 10oz
Jim white 2- 12oz
Micro pan- 7.5oz

The best bet is the Promaster SPCH20. It weighs 13 ounces. Arca swiss, adjustable angle pan handle, lifetime no fault warranty. Normally $89.99, on sale for members here for $71.99+ shipping

Call us to discuss as the discount is not available on our site

tdot

WKR
I promise you will laugh at this. But I have settled on the Really Right Stuff BPC-16. 4.4oz. I have used it on everything up to BTX/95 and it has worked. Happier with the BTX/65. It will be coming on my sheep hunt this year.

fatrascal

WKR
tdot, I looked up the BPC-16 after reading your post and it looks like a viable option and for those of us who care, its made in the U.S.A. Thanks for the recommendation. Fatrascal.

pc3

WKR
The best bet is the Promaster SPCH20. It weighs 13 ounces. Arca swiss, adjustable angle pan handle, lifetime no fault warranty. Normally $89.99, on sale for members here for $71.99+ shipping

Call us to discuss as the discount is not available on our site
I have this head, it's a good deal (got mine from them as well). You'd be happy with it I think.

Out of interest is the VA5 Sirui head at twice the price, twice as good ? Is it stronger perhaps ? they seem comparable but the scph 20 Promaster is much cheaper.

Ill be getting in touch with you guys at some point for a stronger head for my slik 700dx, thinking of the sirui 40k ball head (strong enough for rifles etc.) or perhaps the promaster cine 75...or a bigger sirui pan head.

Thinking the big strong sirui 40k ball head might be the best option for the 700dx.

First off every Sirui tripod and head is 20% off and you get rebates from Sirui through April.
That makes the VA5 head $131.99 and then you get back $15.
The VA5 has a built in spring so it goes back to neutral. The Promaster does not. The Promaster is excellent and the best under $100. The VA5 is the best under $250

Reactions: pc3